You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Easy games.... short list.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 02:37 PM   #1

Default Easy games.... short list.

Im new here so I have not seen a thread about easy games. This thread is to discuss games that you had no problems with.

Games that fit in this category are:
Indiana Jones FOA... I walked through this game with zero problems whatsoever. I mean, I barely had to scratch my head and with the low blow hits the fighting is way too easy.

Full Throttle..... I loved this game but the puzzles were way to cliche. Way too easy.

Kings Quest 7... I think there was one time that I was stumped and it didnt last any more than 10 mins.

The first 2 Broken Sword games were fairly easy but I wouldnt say I had no problems with them.

Any discussion is appreciated. Agree or disagree? Did I miss any?
Old 08-08-2004, 02:41 PM   #2

Loom.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:24 PM   #3
T.J. Hooker's Lovechild

Leisure Suit Larry 5.

You didn't even have to solve all the puzzles.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:30 PM   #4

When you say it like that, it doesn't really sound like a bad idea. Wonder if more games in the future would be like that, and that way encourage you to replay the game.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #5
Gold Elite

Atm. it's The Longest Journey - haven't had to think really. I Just keep on pressing escape when ANYONE begins to tell a story and then speed-read the dialogue box afterwards, solve a couple of rudimentary puzzles, and then carry on. *yawn*
Old 08-08-2004, 04:04 PM   #6
Squonk

Gabriel Knight 2, if not for some nonsense involving a lily. (Well, okay, there are two cool puzzles.)
Old 08-08-2004, 04:11 PM   #7
The Dude

Send a message via MSN to Isak

Runaway, Syberia and Escape from Monkey Island
Old 08-08-2004, 04:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak
Runaway, Syberia and Escape from Monkey Island

OMG. Escape and Runaway was not easy. Runaway had very bizzare puzzles that you never think of because they simply are not necessary and escape from monkey island is just redicluously hard. There is no way you could convince me that Escape From Monkey Island provided no challenge to you. You were never stumped?
Old 08-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #9
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Have to agree about LSL 5. Way too easy. Also, both CSI games were easy to the point where it was ridiculous...it felt like I was having everything done for me.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard
Im new here so I have not seen a thread about easy games. This thread is to discuss games that you had no problems with.

Games that fit in this category are:
Indiana Jones FOA... I walked through this game with zero problems whatsoever. I mean, I barely had to scratch my head and with the low blow hits the fighting is way too easy.

Full Throttle..... I loved this game but the puzzles were way to cliche. Way too easy.

Kings Quest 7... I think there was one time that I was stumped and it didnt last any more than 10 mins.

The first 2 Broken Sword games were fairly easy but I wouldnt say I had no problems with them.

Any discussion is appreciated. Agree or disagree? Did I miss any?

Maybe FOA wasn't the hardest game ever but damned if I had zero problems. My hat is off to you! The rest I pretty much agree with.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udvarnoky
Maybe FOA wasn't the hardest game ever but damned if I had zero problems. My hat is off to you! The rest I pretty much agree with.
The only thing about FOA is that there is so many ways to beat the game that when you are certain you have a puzzle figured out you could have figured out the puzzle for another route. That is the only tricky thing. I beat the game about 4 differant ways.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:24 PM   #12
Retirement is stupid

I wouldn't call Runaway, TLJ, or either Broken Sword game anything resembling "easy."

"Easy" games are Full Throttle, Syberia, Martian Memorandum, Conquests of the Longbow, Inherit the Earth. Games where you're never carrying more than a few objects and the uses for those objects require very little outside-the-box thinking.

FOA is probably moderately easy if you use the team mode, because Sophia offers you so many hints, but I wouldn't say it's an easy game at all.

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 08-08-2004, 08:41 PM   #13
Disciplined Breakdown

I thought TLJ was pretty easy. Except listening to those Tales of the Stars and whatever that those winged guys said. Way too long for way too little info. Also that underwater spin cube thing was kinda hard. Other than that I felt it was very too the point.

Full Throttle too, except for the punch the wall thing, I could never ever find the spot. Once I searched the net for if someone had put up a big picture with an X on the wall so I could have a reference. Unfortunately I found nothing.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:00 PM   #14
More slaw!!!

Definately Loom.

Also the Curse of Monkey Island was too easy.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:19 PM   #15
Junior Junior Member

Send a message via MSN to Krazy

I don't know about the easiest but the game that took me the least amount of time to complete was DOTT. Took me something like 4 days.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy
I don't know about the easiest but the game that took me the least amount of time to complete was DOTT. Took me something like 4 days.
Wow, I wish games took me that long to get my moneys worth but since I own my own company I dont exactly go out and work so I pretty much play till its done. 2 Days and nights at most per game unless its a first person adventure then I take forever because I hate the interface. A good adventure has sucked me in ever since childhood. My friend and I used to buy a game and together not sleep until we beat it.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:40 PM   #17
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
A good adventure has sucked me in ever since childhood. My friend and I used to buy a game and together not sleep until we beat it.
I had days like that. In middle school my friend and I would buy an adventure game then I'd just sleep over at his house for days until we beat it. Man, the good old days.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 08-08-2004, 10:46 PM   #18

Beavis and Butt-head Do-U... without a doubt... is the easiest adventure (click and tap atleast) that I have ever played.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
I had days like that. In middle school my friend and I would buy an adventure game then I'd just sleep over at his house for days until we beat it. Man, the good old days.
Yup, sleep over adventure games were the best.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:03 PM   #20
Junior Junior Member

Send a message via MSN to Krazy

Quote:
Wow, I wish games took me that long to get my moneys worth but since I own my own company I dont exactly go out and work so I pretty much play till its done. 2 Days and nights at most per game unless its a first person adventure then I take forever because I hate the interface. A good adventure has sucked me in ever since childhood. My friend and I used to buy a game and together not sleep until we beat it.
Yes of course. I didn't play it all day like I know some do. Only played a little while each day.