You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Grr... (The Secret Files)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #1

Default Grr... (The Secret Files)

I followed the advice of some guys here and ordered some games from play.com

Trapped Dead and Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis.

Now,I loved Secret Files Tunguska and one thing that contributed to that was Nina's voice.I just installed the second game and played a bit and I found out that Nina is being voiced by a different voice actress in the second game :/

I am SOOOOOOO frustrated and sad about it!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Automaton

Why sad? The Secret Files 1 actress for Nina was really bad. She sounded like she was just reading off the script. The second one wasn't great, but much better than the first.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #3

I don't have anything against the second one,she has a very nice voice but I really loved the first one.I thought she was really good and I liked her voice.Yes I know many people complained about it but I just loooover her.
However,the voice acting is probably...I don't know...the least important thing on the game right now?Because the game looks very nice.

But ok I still wish she had the old voice!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
tsa
Playing character

I thought the second Secret Files game was better than the first. So enjoy!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
3rd person fanatic :)

I understand you totally, Foinikas. I share absolutely same feelings. I've always said, that voice-actors should not be changed, EVER, during the series, because however bad they are, its always worse when they're not recognizable.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #6

Yeah I agree with you!I totally 100% loved Nina's voice in the first game.It was one of the things that I loved in that game.I'm not saying the new one is bad,but the first one had a special "spark" in her,something that made me CARE about the character more!
I randomly read in a forum somewhere...I think it was in the Deep Silver forum,that they got many complaints about the voice acting etc. of the first game that's why they ended up their cooperation with that studio.

Something like that,I read it on that forum randomly,I'm not even registered in that forum it was a google result.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
I've always said, that voice-actors should not be changed, EVER, during the series, because however bad they are, its always worse when they're not recognizable.
Did you ever play A Vampyre Story?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
She Wants Revenge

I also loved the first Nina but both games are nice with the voice actors they have.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #9
Filmfreak

I only bought Secret Files: Tunguska for the DS, which had little to no voice-over, so I couldn't say if Nina's voice-over was bad or not, but the voice-over for Puritas Cordis was quite good, IIRC...
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #10

I just played the game again and compared to the first voice actress...the second one seems so lifeless,so fake.Like...you know...as if she's reading the lines and that's it.As if she only cares about reading the lines well and nothing else.

What's the name of the first voice actress by the way?I can't find her name anywhere.

Darn it,it's like a whole different character...
Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
3rd person fanatic :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
Did you ever play A Vampyre Story?
Yes. I Agree that Mona's actress wasn't the best possible. But I still keep my opinion. Absolutely worse is when the character doesn't feel the same in the sequel. There's no way around it.

« Gone Home | Gog »