You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Games with long night sequences

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #21

Cosmology of Kyoto and Bad Day on the Midway

Also, Snatcher.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by erodola View Post
TerminusEst: Oh well, I've already purchased it under the influence of pure gog.com madness, I have but to play it!

MartyMcFly: Correct, I'm not necessarily looking for horror stuff; in fact, perhaps I'd prefer non-horror games so that I can enjoy the mood and not shit my pants in the process You're right, Episode 4 of ToMI catches what I mean perfectly! Any further suggestion, MartyMcFly?
Hmm let me think... how about Alchemia? Kind of like Machinarium (admittedly not as good) but it starts at night and there is a definite nighttime vibe throughout. Also, The Lost Crown has some lovely night scenes and even the daytime sections feel kind of nightish due to the black and white graphics.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #23

Winterfury: Wow! The first two picks are definitely interesting --Cosmology of Kyoto in particular looks like a must-play to me. Already played Snatcher on SegaCD and yeah, that qualified fully!

MartyMcFly: Alchemia I didn't like too much since it reminded me of Samorost/Machinarium, in a worse way But The Lost Crown is definitely on my list now. Always heard good things about it.

Now that I think of it, Jack Keane had a nice, if rather short and contained, night sequence. It's on the island, with the pumpkins, plants and everything.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
Freeware Co-ordinator

Freeware game Nine Hours to Dawn takes place entirely at night. Unnerving as hell too.

See my Following Freeware write-up for more details.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #25

stepurhan, thanks a ton! Of course, I've been following the Following Freeware articles for quite some time, great feature that one.