You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure How much would you pledge to fund a new Tex Murphy game?

View Poll Results: How much money would you donate to support a new Tex Murphy game?
$1-9 6 14.29%
$10-14 4 9.52%
$15-19 7 16.67%
$20-24 4 9.52%
$25-29 2 4.76%
$30-39 5 11.90%
$40-59 1 2.38%
$60-99 4 9.52%
$100-199 6 14.29%
$200-299 1 2.38%
$300-499 0 0%
$500-749 0 0%
$750-999 1 2.38%
$1,000-2,999 0 0%
$3,000+ 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Eugene View Post
AN URGENT MESSAGE from "ChrisJones", administrator of the forum of The Unofficial Tex Murphy website (it's maybe the most important website for Tex Murphy) - presumibly speaking for Chris Jones himself :

Chris Jones acquired the rights for Tex Murphy back in the 2009.
Is his franchise ready for Kickstarter???? I think yes!!!!
We'll know tomorrow!!!!
Say goodbye to my $5,000......damn it, I wish I had a couple of months before this was going to happen.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 03-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Say goodbye to my $5,000......damn it, I wish I had a couple of months before this was going to happen.
Not so fast. I think this might actually be a straight up game announcement of a new Tex game they've been working on without any kickstarting required. If you look at the new GamesTM it says Fedora is coming out in 2012, without any "ifs" about it.

Of course there's always the possibility they could do a Kickstarter to beef up/improve the game rather than a make or break thing that decides if it gets made.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
Not so fast. I think this might actually be a straight up game announcement of a new Tex game they've been working on without any kickstarting required. If you look at the new GamesTM it says Fedora is coming out in 2012, without any "ifs" about it.

Of course there's always the possibility they could do a Kickstarter to beef up/improve the game rather than a make or break thing that decides if it gets made.
Okay then. It makes sense since they have been talking about a new Tex Murphy way before Kickstarter became popular. I'm in such a good mood today. A new tex murphy and a great day at work.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 03-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #44

Aw man, we're about to know more in just a few hours...a new Tex Murphy game would be absolutely wonderful!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post

So glad to hear another person getting off the kickstart subject, Aaron Connors told tex murphy forum some time ago that he was writing the overseer book that was the going to be the script for the story after "to be continued" we know the progress on getting the game going has been slow. But chris jones recent words were " abandon all hope - tex murphy is back"
I think chris announcement was simply to tell us what is happening & we control the fate by putting the word out. Aaron connors is the head designer for EA games (the sims) so maybe he pulled something off finally.

Or maybe I am way off track & chris did decide to put out to kickstart after reading a very troubling letter someone posted on big finish forum about having a gut full on having to wait for news of a game or something else.
maybe chris felt they would have one last stab at it. Well maybe we will know the answer in 8hrs or so.