You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Anyone else see those "Hugo" movie trailers and think of Syberia?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #1

Default Anyone else see those "Hugo" movie trailers and think of Syberia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcdEXHIuTxw

Here's one of them. Every time I see one on tv, I think of the game Syberia. Anyone else?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #2

Ever since I saw Production stills and then the teaser I've thought this. At first I didn't care about the movie, but now that I keep watching the new trailers, I'm actually looking forward to the film.

Unlike City of Ember which from the very beginning I wanted to see. Hopefully Hugo shares that same interest.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 11-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #3

yeap, i see the connection, as well as with the cancelled The City of Metronome

Funny, the official site for it is still there. There was the trailer also - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pybkRZ8n_Xg

but, pretty interesting movie, thanx for the info!

Last edited by diego; 11-12-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #4

^Nice find. Never heard of it!

BTW, that game isn't cancelled.

Last edited by Monolith; 11-12-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #5
Psychonaut

A Scorsese movie without DeCaprio. *Shock*

Looks ok
Old 11-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
Filmfreak

The movie has been on my radar for quite some time now. Looks amazing (which is not that difficult - everything Scorsese at the very least *looks* amazing).

Though I'm quite convinced it'll end up as one of those films that gets nothing but rave reviews but that flops big time in the box office...
Old 11-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
Though I'm quite convinced it'll end up as one of those films that gets nothing but rave reviews but that flops big time in the box office...
I reckon it'll be the other way around.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 11-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #8

Quote:
The movie has been on my radar for quite some time now. Looks amazing (which is not that difficult - everything Scorsese at the very least *looks* amazing).

Why is that a bad thing? What, you want the film to have a sequel? The best that can come out of it is the DVD/Bluray sales.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #9
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Why is that a bad thing? What, you want the film to have a sequel? The best that can come out of it is the DVD/Bluray sales.
Because good films deserve a lot more exposure and profit than awful ones... and while Scorsese doesn't have to prove himself, less known directors do, and the box office still gets too big of a say in talented people's careers...

Although it's a really good thing that social networking is starting to have its influence on Hollywood somewhat: good films generate faster positive word of mouth which in turn gives low-budget (or at least low-exposure) gems at least *some* box office success, while bad movies that get bad word of mouth see a faster drop in their box office numbers. Only good things can come of this...
Old 11-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Because good films deserve a lot more exposure and profit than awful ones... and while Scorsese doesn't have to prove himself, less known directors do, and the box office still gets too big of a say in talented people's careers...

Although it's a really good thing that social networking is starting to have its influence on Hollywood somewhat: good films generate faster positive word of mouth which in turn gives low-budget (or at least low-exposure) gems at least *some* box office success, while bad movies that get bad word of mouth see a faster drop in their box office numbers. Only good things can come of this...
Agreed, but they ALWAYS get more money off of dvd sales. It costs way to much hitting the box office. DVD sales is where the real money is made.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #11
handsome

Forget Syberia or dvd sales, is that Sacha Baron Cohen?! RESPECT!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #12
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaguh View Post
Forget Syberia or dvd sales, is that Sacha Baron Cohen?!
fyp
Old 01-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #13

Default Sacha's my bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
Forget Syberia or dvd sales, is that Sacha Baron Cohen?! RESPECT!
Anyone who's played Syberia knows pathetic "Hugo" surly is a total rip-off. People are just too stupid to see or admit it. I mean "Automoton's" in "france" - it should say "inspired by" already!

Sasha is nice though... Especially on the ice!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffffffffffff View Post
Anyone who's played Syberia knows pathetic "Hugo" surly is a total rip-off. People are just too stupid to see or admit it. I mean "Automoton's" in "france" - it should say "inspired by" already!

Sasha is nice though... Especially on the ice!
r u cereal?