You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Volunteer testers wanted for indie story-driven adventure-game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #1

Default Volunteer testers wanted for indie story-driven adventure-game

Hello all,
I'm a big fan of the more darker story-driven adventure-games like Gabriel Knight, Grim Fandango and the likes but since it's so rare to get any good ones these days I've decided it's about damn time I make my own!

So I've finally finished writing up the story, coding the engine and made a "programmer-art" prototype of the first puzzle, and now the "only" thing left is a loooong period of hard production-work ahead,
But during this time I would like to have a few beta-testers I can send send the occasional revisions to so that I can have some feedback along the way so I don't accidentally make an entire game that's confusing to everyone except me.

What I need are players with strong opinions who have a natural tendency to read their emails or be connected to IM often, anyone up to it?

If so please send me a PM (or write in this thread) with:
a) An email address.
b) An IM-address (MSN, Google talk etc, anything that I can add from Pidgin.
c) (optional) a quick line on "what makes a good adventure-game?" just so I can get a quick idea of your level of expression (if your English is lacking it might complicate things).
d) OS (needs to be Windows for now, sorry Mac/Linux ppl), CPU-specification (does not need to be fast) and screen-resolution.
e) promise that you're not a game-developer yourself and you won't show the builds to anyone.

The testing is NOT a paid position, so only sign up if you enjoy sharing opinions for the fun of it. The plan is to release the game commercially if I can make it good enough.

If I get more than a couple of volunteers I might only add a few for now then the rest later as I get further into the development.