You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure King's Quest - Nostalgia

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #1

Default King's Quest - Nostalgia

i'm replaying the King's Quest series and today i have finished KQ 2 AGD
wow what a beautiful game it is and how wonderful it was playing it again
valanice theme is amazing and so well fit to the game and very inspiring
even after i finished the game it still echoes in my head
any ideas where i can listing to it ?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:03 AM   #2

I'm playing the KQ series in these days for the first time. Finished KQ1 SCI and really liked it. You mentioned the KQ2 AGD remake -- do you suggest playing the original AND the remake? I'd play the original version, but the lo-q graphics really detract me from that one.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #3

same here i'm just playing the remakes
the original graphics are way 2 detracting
after that i'll play KQ 5 and 6 the original obviously
Old 03-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

You should post at AGDI's forums to ask about the music. If there's a place you can download it, they'll be the ones to know!

Personally I would suggest starting with the remakes for King's Quest 1-3. Although they differ from the originals somewhat (especially KQ2) they make for a much less frustrating experience than the original text parser games. I played the old games when they first came out, but if I hadn't, I think wrestling with them now would turn me off.

(Of course, if you're curious about the original KQ2 and how the remake differs, it doesn't hurt to play both! But I don't think you'll be missing out on anything if you only play the remake. The original KQ2 is very similar to KQ1 in terms of the types of puzzles, and of course the graphics.)

If you like the three remakes you might want to try the original KQ4, which does have a text parser but is a step up in graphics and gameplay over the first three. But since each game has a self contained story, you can skip that one if you don't want to deal with the text parser and move right on to KQ5.