You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The most important ingredients for a good adventure are:

View Poll Results: The most important ingredients for a good adventure are:
Camerawork / viewing angles / hotspot placement 0 0%
Atmosphere 20 95.24%
Well-designed inventory 1 4.76%
Good-looking graphics 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2010, 01:28 AM   #21

If I had included story in the poll, I'm pretty sure it would have won! I wanted to make the choice not too easy.

It strikes me that you're just as emotional as I - or I should have made a better destinction between "story" and atmospheric elements. What I meant was the mood of a piece, the style, or probably the genre. I personally am drawn towards SciFi and dark themes (if only you could have it nowadays without childish supernatural ingredients!), but that also has a lot to do with the visuals (see my concept art thread). So considering that, the story isn't the most important part, because reading the package rant tells me nothing about how well it translates into the game.

I had expected more votes for technical aspects like point 1 and 3, because some folks out there must have more open minds & play adventures for the challenge! I definitely should have included puzzles as an option, but like everything else, it's subject to your own interpretation.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
Codger

None of the above would be my reply.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
...story should be an option
ahhh... yeah.. you would think!
Probably the most important.
All the other elements mentioned are meaningless if there's no solid story behind it all. So yeah you might want to add story. (and don't be fooled to think this would come under atmosphere!)...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #24
The Quiet One

None of the above.

Characters and story come first for me.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour