You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Why we really should consider buying Syberia 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 07:54 PM   #21
iddqd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Interesting.. Has anyone got some info on this upcoming AG, Lost Paradise? Hearing the description though,.. it sounds extremely familiar; (young woman crossing an entire continent for no apparent reason.)

Ofcourse, think Africa instead of Siberia, leopard instead of Hans Voralberg and camels instead of trains!

Sokal goes Carribean

Maybe he is just bucking the trend himself and copying his own ideas and putting a shiny new spin on it. Hell the FPS developers have been doing it for years! If you are going to compete with the big sellers of the videogame industry now is the time to lose all originality and just keep pumping out newer versions of the same old thing!

Yes that was sarcasim....

Yes I am shutting up now...
Old 03-31-2004, 10:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
That's what I thought (and/or think)

I don't know whether amiga is implying Syberia 2 is bad, or that he thinks we shouldn't buy it out of mere support for the genre, or.. I don't think he's saying anything at all! But a Syberia 2 thread never hurt anyone, anyhow
Well, I was just saying that the thread title implied that all the AG forum members had already made some bizzarre pact, that no one would buy Syberia 2. But the wording "why we really should consider" coupled with the message body, adds to this weird picture being painted. It's like amiga is saying that maybe that weird pact was a mistake. That he's personally having misgivings about this blood oath that everyone took, and now he's making a personal appeal to the tribal elders that they reconsider their decision.

*end scene*
Old 04-01-2004, 02:10 AM   #23

I just tried to bring some enthusiasm on Syberia 2 into the forums. It has been a long time since i have anticipated an adventure game as much as Syberia 2. And i just thought that Microïds is on the right track...

Seems my post was misinterpreted or not well explained
Old 04-01-2004, 02:38 AM   #24
Pixelhunter

I have pre-ordered Syberia II even though I haven't played the first Syberia yet. I ordered before I read this forum thread, but anwyay... :-)

(It seems like it is not possible to buy the first game in Sweden any more. Not very clever of Microid and their distributors.)
Old 04-01-2004, 04:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga
I just tried to bring some enthusiasm on Syberia 2 into the forums. It has been a long time since i have anticipated an adventure game as much as Syberia 2. And i just thought that Microïds is on the right track...

Seems my post was misinterpreted or not well explained
Sorry, amiga. Didn't mean to be too harsh. I was just kidding around.