You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The adventure game discount thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #361
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Also Amnesia: The Dark Descent - 80% off.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #362

Also in the Steam Halloween Sale, the complete Penumbra series (from the makers of Amnesia) for $4.99.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #363
Failed Birthday Elf

GOG Halloween Weekend Sale.

Gabriel Knight series,
Phantasmagoria series,
Scratches Directors Cut,
Sanitarium
(amongst others)

50% off.

You can get all of the above for less than $30, or all 10 games on sale for $33.90.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #364

Also included in that sale at GOG.com is Realms of the Haunting for $2.99, one of my favourite games of all time.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:17 PM   #365

Amnesia: The Dark Descent will be free to play between today at 4 PM PST and midnight the 31st from OnLive. Valid for both US and UK OnLive customers. Accounts a free.

link
Old 10-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #366

Dead Mountaineer's Hotel and A Stroke Of Fate are available on Steam... No discounts here, but still, it's nice to have them on there. £6.99 each!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #367

Default Book of Unwritten Tales

The Book of Unwritten Tales is £15.99 (including free delivery) at DVD.co.uk:

http://www.dvd.co.uk/buy/catzzz42073...n-tales-pc.htm

Also, £16.30 including delivery at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Unwritt...9997642&sr=8-1

Price is currently £19.99 at the developers website, but presumably more money goes direct to the developers?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #368
Replicant

I found a very good price on The Book of Unwritten Tales in the UK for anyone interested:

http://www.grooves-inc.co.uk/the-boo...ign=froogle_uk
Old 11-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #369

For those Playstation 3 users, people who either get a new one-year Playstation Plus subscription or people who add a year to their subscription between now and 11/8 will get the new Jurassic Park game from Telltale free (the whole game - all episodes) on the day of release (11/15). If you're interested in adding or extending your Playstation Plus subscription, this is pretty sweet.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:03 AM   #370
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I found a very good price on The Book of Unwritten Tales in the UK for anyone interested:

http://www.grooves-inc.co.uk/the-boo...ign=froogle_uk
Now that's a good price! It's just a shame they dispatch within 6-8 days.

If I don't win a copy via Marty's/AdventureGamer's quiz, which I most likely won't, then I'll get the game from them at some point.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #371
Replicant

Wallace and Gromit 66% off on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1502/
Old 11-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #372
The Quiet One

GOG has released Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit for $5.99.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #373

It looks like the PC version of Fahrenheit doesn't support game pads according to GOG. That's a shame; I can't imagine playing this game with a mouse and keyboard. If it supported game pads, I think I'd buy it just to replay it.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 AM   #374

Anuman Interactive's catalog is 60% off this weekend on GOG.com.

link

Amerzone ($3.99)
Atlantis 1, 2, and 3 ($2.39, $3.99, $3.99)
Still Life ($3.99)
Syberia 1 and 2 ($3.99 each)
Old 11-11-2011, 05:48 AM   #375
She Wants Revenge

I have Still Life and Syberia 1 and I am considering buying everything else from above. Is Amerzone and Atlantis series worth it? They are ridiculously cheap of course but I'd still like to know that they are good games.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #376

I was so happy to see both Sybera games on sale at gog.com, and downloaded both of them today. It s amazing how to see how good they still look today, even after all these years. I look forward to reliving old memories.

Regarding your question, millenia, I have fond memories of Amerzone, and give it my recommendation. As for Atlantis, I was not a huge fan of that series, just too many frustrating puzzles, at least in my book anyway. Also, I hated the save system in Atlantis 1.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #377
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interplay View Post
It looks like the PC version of Fahrenheit doesn't support game pads according to GOG. That's a shame; I can't imagine playing this game with a mouse and keyboard. If it supported game pads, I think I'd buy it just to replay it.
I played the original game on my PC with a gamepad. Did they *remove* gamepad support for the GOG version? That seems weird. More likely they just didn't mention it on the game description...?

(Also, you can always map your gamepad to the keyboard controls...)
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #378
Filmfreak

Not really sure if this is the proper thread for it, but are there any sites where you can get cheaper DS games?

I'm just asking because I'm itching to get my hands on both 999 and the fourth Layton game, but they average at about 35 Euros here (which is about 50$ per game), whereas Amazon.com has them at about 25$ per game, but shipping costs alone double that price...

And I have no intention of getting them in a store here in Belgium because 999 is nowhere to be found, and Layton will undoubtedly be dubbed in Dutch (which is just awful)...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:56 AM   #379

Unfortunately, console games (and DS games) are much harder to find good deals on, and you can never find the deep, deep discounts like you'll find for PC games on Steam or some of these other sites. I have had my best luck with Amazon Marketplace (i.e. buying the game through Amazon from another vendor) or on Ebay. I would imagine either would accommodate international shipping but it might vary vendor to vendor.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 AM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
I played the original game on my PC with a gamepad. Did they *remove* gamepad support for the GOG version? That seems weird. More likely they just didn't mention it on the game description...?
I'm not sure whether the game has been modified or what, but the press release from GOG takes care to specifically note that the game will not work with gamepads. It's enough to scare me off. But, on the other hand, I would like to try the uncensored version. The one I played originally was the US Xbox one.