You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Theseis (a game by Track7) -- Cancelled

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #1

Default Theseis (a game by Track7) -- Cancelled

From what I heard by visiting the official website's forum, the company responsible for working on the product is more or less dead:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/gameinfo.php?id=668

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Developer
The company is practically closed actually. I think they sold all the equipment.

Too bad, the team was capable of finishing it (at least until the point i was there, before me and many others were let go). Too bad the funding was stopped and nothing else was found.

I think the company is not typically closed, but everyone who worked on the game isn't around any more. I was out with the last artist left from the company yesterday and he's working on some other project in a company some other members of the team made. And that is since last year or so.
Quote:
dpapa, which is the previous PR guy of track7 sort of confirms that the game is dead.

http://www.bytheway.gr/portal2/forum...5309#post35309

Translation for non greek speaking guys:

He blames:
- the owner of track7 for having a low priority for Theseis and spending most of the company's money to other projects.
- the programmers and devs for having an attitude.

Other reasons:
- inexperience
- having set the goal to create the first big-budgeted 100% greek game and refusing to get help from more experiened foreign programmers
- not accepting European Union's money that they could have been offered to them for "the development of an innovative project".
- etc..

Quote:
http://www.bytheway.gr/portal2/forum...ead.php?t=8479

According to this post the devs need over 100,000 euros to finish the game, and thus they are forced to either cancel it or sell it to Sony that has expressed interest to publish it on PSP!!
This is unfortunate but it is show business.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

If the story about sony wanting to buy it for the psp are true then hopefully the go for it, looks like it could have been a fun game.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #3

never heard of it, but its always sort of sad when a project doesnt happen
Old 11-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #4

I heard about it back when Xbox360 was announced, as this was one of the first games announced for that system. I was looking for adventure games for Xbox360 and my jaw dropped when I saw that there was in fact one in the works. A Greek game developer -- go figure.

They were almost done with the game too, which is even sadder.