You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny (New Trailer)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Banned User

Default Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny (New Trailer)

"Young FBI agent Nicole Bonnet receives a mysterious package. Inside she finds a complicated logic puzzle that appears to be a message from a serial killer. This is just the beginning of an epic duel of minds between Nicole and the ruthless murderer, who leaves playing cards by the bodies of his victims as a signature. Bonnet will have to use all her wits to solve the case and stop the murderer before he strikes again. Does she have what it takes to understand the mind of a psychopath, as complicated as his puzzles?"

Enjoy the new Trailer! http://www.gametrailers.com/video/de...r-art-of/57940
Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #2

Thank you!

This looks like usual recipe from City Interactive: quality graphics and sound and polished overall looks, however the story and the puzzlese are often mediocre. I expect this installment will follow the tradition. But I will also follow mine and play this game as well as the upcoming "Scorpio Ritual" sequel. They are IMO more than decent fun while waiting for (to me) more anticipated titles.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
Failed Birthday Elf

I've got to say that I haven't tried any of the Art of Murder games yet although I did quite enjoy Chronicles of Mystery.

The only thing I would say about the trailer is that, if I didn't already know, I would have no idea that this was an adventure game! To be honest it is more like a trailer for an action film with the focus on the effects etc. rather than the character(s) etc.

Still might get it anyway though!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:18 AM   #4

The design of the series is progressive: the sequel Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer was even better than the original one and, besides the beautiful graphics, quite enjoyable, I think. Looking forward to a new episode!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #5

Cool trailer, like it. Looking forward to play this one, hopefully there will be more info about Nicole's phantom partner in this one. I'm still waiting to know more about him.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
Banned User

As long as it doesn't take a crappy turn to boredom like the second game did sadly, I'm all for playing this one. No doubt it will be better than the last, seeing how good COM was.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #7
LA-S-LE

Eww.. Well, that's still better than the endless C-shooters from City Int. But these Art games don't make adventure games any reputation besides "easy money makers".
Old 10-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #8

The trailer is okay, but somehow it feels way too long for me. It's like they ran out of footage or something. I much preferred the shorter and nicely paced trailer for City's Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life. Besides, I don't really see the point of going over a minute for an adventure game trailer. Either that or I simply prefer teasers instead.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #9
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
The trailer is okay, but somehow it feels way too long for me. It's like they ran out of footage or something. I much preferred the shorter and nicely paced trailer for City's Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life. Besides, I don't really see the point of going over a minute for an adventure game trailer. Either that or I simply prefer teasers instead.
You may be right, but I actually liked the trailer. It felt like an action packed detective film. Though, most trailers show to much. haha
Old 10-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
You may be right, but I actually liked the trailer. It felt like an action packed detective film. Though, most trailers show to much. haha
I don't think the trailer is bad by any means, it just feels way longer than it needs to be. I mean, seriously, half of that length would have been more than enough to explain the premise. And I agree, most trailers are chuck full of spoilers! Oh well, they have to show something after all.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:09 PM   #11
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
I don't think the trailer is bad by any means, it just feels way longer than it needs to be. I mean, seriously, half of that length would have been more than enough to explain the premise. And I agree, most trailers are chuck full of spoilers! Oh well, they have to show something after all.
Actually not true. Most of the comments on that video at GT were questions by the idiotic population of gamers asking "What the hell is this game even about?". This why we stick so dear to adventure games. We are to smart for our own good. haha
Old 10-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
We are to smart for our own good.
Probably.