You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Is it a feat finishing SH vs AL without walkthrough?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #1

Default Is it a feat finishing SH vs AL without walkthrough?

I heard it's very difficult. I am currently still in de Gallery Museum and till now it's do-able. It saddens me to say that I used a walkthrough with Sherlock Holmes the Awakened as I promised myself it was time for me to finish an adventure 100% on my own =(.
I am going to try this with SH vs AL. I have to say I like the format of the puzzles i.e the riddles.

I think I am gonna read some Maurice leBlanc soon, cause Arsene Lupin is awesome =P.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:40 AM   #2

crap....I am stuck at London Tower. I have caught 3 birds(4 notes) and now am stuck in the underground room. I probably need something to take over the writings on the stone...like a piece of paper or maybe red wax? I dunno.
Or something like a missed footprint is holding the game from continuining. I have found 2 footprints. Near the storage room and somewhere else can't remember(or maybe just that one).

I don't want to use a walkthrough as I promised myself I would finish it without using one. At least the music is great
Old 09-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #3

I DID IT!!! *cries*
It was the coal! I found the coal!
Old 09-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #4

Of the 3 latest Sherlock Holmes games, I found myself using the walkthrough in Arsene Lupin the most. It's definitely the hardest of the 3.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:30 AM   #5
Banned User

I'm with origami. I never used a walkthrough while playing Arsene Lupin. Probably one of the more genuine detective games within the series. Repetitive Tasks included. lol
Old 09-27-2009, 03:18 AM   #6

I am stuck at the vault puzzle. The hint is really obscure. BUT...I will solve it.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:53 AM   #7
Failed Birthday Elf

I've got to say that I had to use a walkthrough for SH v AL. At first it is pretty easy until you leave the gallery and then the difficulty (or at least obscurity) of the puzzles ramps up!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #8

lol. Yes...I am still stuck at the vault. Somehow I am really motivated to solve it on my own. It's a battle of wits and I can't let Arsene Lupin get the better of me.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #9

Okay....I think I made a little progress. I found out that every number is a x*15. I don't know how to say that in english. >_>

(I am posting every progress...maybe there are people that find the thought progress to be interesting. I always do with detective novels.)
Old 09-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #10

I DID IT! I SOLVED IT ON MY OWN! *cries*
Old 09-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
Banned User

If I was awake during this time, I'd encourage you to persevere, but you did it!