You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Full Throttle - Ben's Bike

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #1

Default Full Throttle - Ben's Bike

Hey ya'll. I've got an interesting request. I've been poking around the interwebs for a few hours now collecting images from here and there, but I'm not having the best of luck finding exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm going to build a custom bike from the ground up to be a working exact replica of Ben's bike from Full Throttle. I need as many reference images as possible so I can start on the blueprints and figure out what needs to be where. Once I know what needs to go on the bike, I can actually make it function.

I've gotten plenty of screenshots from the game, but all are very low res and difficult to analyze. Are there any concept sketches floating around? Are there any programs I could use to directly rip the image files from out of the game so I'm not dealing with filters on scummvm or backgrounds? Getting a video of the in-game rotating "screensaver gallery" would be helpful, but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks,

-Scott
Old 08-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
Headbanger

Wow, what an incredibly cool idea.

You probably already know this (or I remember it wrong) but wasn't there an image of Gone Jackals (the band responsible for the soundtrack) on the first version of the game box where the band members are standing next to a bike that actually looked like the one in the game? Although it might just have been a cool bike and not the exact one that the graphic artists used for reference in the game (my memory is a bit blurry).

I did a google search and only found this. Bit I remember that you could see most of the bike so this one is probably cropped (and not very high-res either). I could be wrong though since it was 14 years since I saw the first version of the box.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #3

A real-life Ben-customized Corley?!?! Man, aren't you cool or what? That's the most stupendously marvelous idea I've heard in a long while!

However, as much as I'd be delighted to offer assistance, all I have is the original game box which featured a nice close-up render of that bike. (Image taken from Mojo's LucasArts poster thread.)

Also, here's a nice little software program that will extract stuff from Full Throttle. It was made by Ben of Quick & Easy (Mojo Network). I never used it myself but it looks cool.

Good luck!
Old 08-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #4

I seem to recall some artwork of Ben and his Corley floating around here about a year ago. You might try Googling the art director for FT as well.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #5

Oh you guys rock. That's a good render of the bike DeadWolf, it's better than anything I was able to capture from the game.

That's a good idea to look at the art director. After poking around, wikipedia says the artist is Peter Chan. No info about him on the wikipedia. Once googled though, I ran across this site that has some stuff, but not really what I was looking for. It's a fun place to look around though. Lots of cover arts and concepts.
http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original-art/
He's been part of some of my favorite games of all time:
http://www.giantbomb.com/peter-chan/72-2864/
And has been part of a few good movies:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0151067/

But nothing about him at all... hmm.

Here's a decently sized scan of the cover art with the Gone Jackals and their bike. It's pretty dark and cropped. Just a higher res version of the one you already found Henke.
http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/original..._1600x2029.jpg
Old 08-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #6

So Scott, any new development on that project of yours?
Old 08-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
Game Creator Hobbyist

We want photos!