You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Time Gentlemen, Please! the sequel to Ben There, Dan That is out!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #1

Default Time Gentlemen, Please! the sequel to Ben There, Dan That is out!

This time the a donation is mandatory But at £2.99 it's still within reach for people with a smaller budget
I haven't come around to give it a spin yet, anyone some experiences to share?

--
For people who haven't heard of Ben There, Dan that: it's a very funny adventure from the independed Zombie Cow Studios.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #2

http://www.zombie-cow.com/
Old 06-24-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
Cake Maniac

Hi guys!

Yes, within a year of releasing Ben There, Dan That!, Zombie Cow Studios has released the sequel, Time Gentlemen, Please!

Zombie Cow (ie Dan Marshall) decided to let a bit of word-of-mouth flow for a few days, before sending out press releases etc, so I'm glad it made its way over here already!

If you haven't played the first game, it's free here. The new game, co-desgned and co-written by me and Dan, is available for £3/$5-ish here, along with a free demo. There will hopefully be a news item and review coming up on Adventure Gamers, too.

I hope you guys can try it out, and enjoy it. If you do, please pass it on to all your friends, family, employees, people in the street!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #4

i havent heard of this before. i just downloaded the first episode and playing it right now, its pretty funny
Old 06-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

And there is a freshly published and very revealing interview with Ben BbX1138 and Dan Marshall about their games over at my blog.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:42 AM   #6
Cake Maniac

Sorry for the bump, everyone, just wanted to let any of you who had trouble with Paypal on our site know that we've sacrificed aesthetics for robustness, so it should all be working fine now.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #7

Just finished it, and it was great!

The puzzles are fantastic, funny and really smart. The end was a bit mushy though. Maybe Dan and Ben got a little emotional about completing the game...
Old 07-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
Cake Maniac

Sorry about the mushiness, nonax, but it probably only accounts for 2% of the whole game, after all!

Glad you enjoyed it!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
Cake Maniac

The AG review is now up: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1052/p,1

Could have done with 4 stars, but AG is tough! Still, I'll take "A game of very high quality. Although some aspects might have been executed better, we would recommend this game to any adventure gamer without hesitation" without grumbling!

Anyone here played it? Agree/disagree with the review?
Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #10
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Well, I for one think that Ben There, Dan That were just as good as TGP!. Either that, or I played the first game too long ago and I'm starting to idealize it in my mind.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbX1138 View Post
The AG review is now up: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1052/p,1

Could have done with 4 stars, but AG is tough! Still, I'll take "A game of very high quality. Although some aspects might have been executed better, we would recommend this game to any adventure gamer without hesitation" without grumbling!

Anyone here played it? Agree/disagree with the review?
I support your plead for 4 stars. Maybe bcause I am not that easily offended and thought it was a good laugh overall - I am Dutch after all
The puzzles don't seem obscure IMO. They are very logicall and there are allways hints around allthough very subtle sometimes. It just means they're sometimes hard. But if you get into trouble you can always check the forum on zombie cows where Ben or Dan is always ready to give you a hint without spoiling the whole puzzle. I would even go further that the puzzles in TGP! are the best ones in it's genre for a long time!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #12

I havent finished btdt yet so I havent played this. but IGN UK called this one of the best games of 2009 so far. Thats really something!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:56 AM   #13
Cake Maniac

Thanks for the comments!

Incidentally, I'm happy about the star-rating in an AG context - it means TGP is as good as Full Throttle, Curse Of Monkey Island, Discworld, Loom, Vampyre Story and Tales Of Monkey Island Ep1, and better than The Dig, Wallace And Gromit Ep2, Toonstruck and Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade! It just could be perceived as a low rating compared to other websites'/magazines' rating systems...
Old 08-21-2009, 05:33 AM   #14
Writer-Designer

Quote:
Thanks for the comments!

Incidentally, I'm happy about the star-rating in an AG context - it means TGP is as good as Full Throttle, Curse Of Monkey Island, Discworld, Loom, Vampyre Story and Tales Of Monkey Island Ep1, and better than The Dig, Wallace And Gromit Ep2, Toonstruck and Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade! It just could be perceived as a low rating compared to other websites'/magazines' rating systems...
I think that must be the most level-headed outlook on a review score that I've ever seen.

By the way, I've been recommending BTDT and TGP to a number of people here at GamesCom.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Thanks for the comments!

Yeah but by that logic its also worse than Runaway and Adventures in Odyssey: The Treasure of the Incas. That's based on a radio show that once did an episode where a kid's cousin got him to play Dungeons and Dragons and then tried to get him to cut himself and bleed on a voodoo doll to summon Satan... I guess that must have been pre-3rd edition rules. I actually think 3.5 is really good by modern AG standards but I've been looking for a segway into mentioning that Adventures in Odyssey episode and I figured thats the best I'd get.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:47 AM   #16
Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince View Post
By the way, I've been recommending BTDT and TGP to a number of people here at GamesCom.
Nice one, thanks Steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youfightlikeadairyfarmer View Post
Yeah but by that logic its also worse than Runaway and Adventures in Odyssey: The Treasure of the Incas.
Can't argue with that, they're both classics!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:22 AM   #17
Cake Maniac

Both Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! are now available on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/37400/

There's a Zombie Cow news post about it here.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #18

I would love to play this, but I just can't play a game with no voice acting... =X
Old 08-31-2009, 01:17 AM   #19
Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastik View Post
I would love to play this, but I just can't play a game with no voice acting... =X
That's a shame - you're also missing out on classics like Secret Of Monkey Island 2 and Nellie Cootalot!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:31 AM   #20
Cake Maniac

TGP is on sale for £1.50 until Tuesday 10th Nov! Get the code and info here.

As Ellie Gibson at Eurogamer points out, that's two adventure games for less than one sixth the price of a WOW pet.

There's still no speech, though.