You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Licenced adventures you'd like to see

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon
Default Licenced adventures you'd like to see

What adventures, based on licenced properties would you like to see? Whether its based off a film, TV series, book or whatever. I've no illusions that any of these will happen, but just a fun thread.

First off, much as a few of us have complained about Lucasarts obsession with Star Wars, a Star Wars point and click adventure could be quite fun, especially if they used the Star Wars universe and didn't use one of the established characters as the main character. Also, set it in the timeline of Episode IV-VI. We've had the two Knights of the Old Republic RPG's, so an adventure in the original trilogy timeline might be nice.

More Discworld games. I'm not sure how people look back at Discworld Noir, but I enjoyed it. We don't necessarily have to stick to the confines of Ankh-Morpork either.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #2

Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Have you tried this, Jack?

The Discworld and Star Trek adventure games were fun, but we probably had enough of those.

More Poe, Oz, Philip K. Dick maybe.

Earthsea trilogy. Thorgal. Rork. Tintin.

I don't know. I'd rather see more of original creations actually. I certainly wish Holywood would drop this licensing business. They went overboard with it lately. They can adapt anything now, but at best they only produce dull adaptations of exciting material.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
I don't know. I'd rather see more of original creations actually. I certainly wish Holywood would drop this licensing business. They went overboard with it lately. They can adapt anything now, but at best they only produce dull adaptations of exciting material.
Done well licencing can be good though, Indy and the fate of atlantis for example. However, look at the EA LOTR games which are little more than beat ups in the case of Two Towers and Return of the King, a stripped down Final Fantasy style game in the example of The Third Age and a Battlefront mod with LOTR:Conquest. The first Battle for Middle Earth was decent but that was about it.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
The Discworld and Star Trek adventure games were fun, but we probably had enough of those.
Hmm... I've never heard of any Star Trek adventures. Are they any good?
Old 03-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #6

Star Trek 25th Anniversary

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tr...992_video_game)

Star Trek Judgement Rites

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Judgment_Rites

Star Trek A Final Unity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tr..._A_Final_Unity
Old 03-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
Elegantly copy+pasted

MacGyver
Valerian & Laureline
One of the Vertigo fantasy comics (say Hellblazer, The Sandman or Lucifer)
The Old Testament (Exodus might make a good game)
Any soap opera/telenovela
The Wodehouse novels (Jeeves & Wooster)
Twin Peaks
Ringu/The Ring
The Geico ads
Old 03-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

I think the show Dragnet would be cool. How about a Twin Peaks adventure game? Every Which Way But Loose! They could put in a mechanic where you have to switch to the arangatange to solve some of the puzzles!

Godzilla would also be cool. You could run around a city being destroyed. Trying to avoid getting hit by debris or burned to a crisp. You know figure out how to get out of the city alive.

Battlestar Galactica
The films of John Wayne
Mad Max
How about a Bollywood musical adventure?

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 03-31-2009, 12:20 AM   #9
Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by therabidfrog View Post
Mad Max
How about a Bollywood musical adventure?
Brilliant! Although Full Throttle is essentially Mad Max: The Adventure Game...

I'd love to see a Hectic Planet advnture game. Starts out small, gets nice and epic, loads of ska and punk rock bands on the soundtrack...
Old 03-31-2009, 03:20 AM   #10
Banned User

- A proper X-files AG; 9 total of games in the series, based on the nine seasons the TV show ran for. Each game would be kinda like a summary of the whole season. I know this'll never happen, so don't start lol.

- Stephen King's Rose Red; The mansion in the movie is huge and changes all the time. I think this would bring an interesting (and possibly a new) aspect to the genre. Instead of walking back and forth from one room to another and inspecting the same things over and over again (like in most AG's), the rooms, hallways and items would disappear or change. Also, the characters have their own side-stories among with the main story of the house and it's ghosts, so it'd really be a massive release with a lot to inspect, if made correctly.

- Twilight: Granted, the book and the movie aren't exactly deep story-wise or character wise but I still think it'd make a nice 3-game series. It's not like there's no predictable ag stories around, before this LOL.

All of the above would require a huge budget though and the only one that I consider being a realistic possibility is the Twilight Saga turned into an adventure game series.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:24 AM   #11

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by After a brisk nap View Post
Twin Peaks
Aw! It would be awesome!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 03-31-2009, 03:49 AM   #12

The Anita Blake novels would be perfect. Female lead character who is not only a bad ass vampire hunter, but is also a necromancer and zombie raiser (she raises zombies for a living, the hunting is a sideline). Vampires are legalized and have their own society among humans and strict rules of operation (hence the need for hunters). Lycanthropes of all flavors exist and are usually treated like dangerous AIDS patients. They have to keep human society from knowing what they are or end up losing everything, including their lives. I don't want to get too much into the story line but there are several books and more to come. http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/Anita/AnitaCSS1.html

"Bring back the Sacred Diamond of the Old Sage of the Mountain and he will give you the magic talisman. Oh man. What am I in a video game?" - Tyler Miles
Old 03-31-2009, 04:30 AM   #13

The Trigan Empire series of graphic novels by Don Lawrence, but the source material is a bit obscure for some people.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:28 AM   #14
Stalker of Britain

Hmm...Red Dwarf?
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 AM   #15
LA-S-LE

After a second thought, Red Dwarf adventure would be really nice. IF it would be made by some Brits, like Woodroffes. Chris Barrie and Robert Llewellyn already lent their voices to Simon and Feeble, so it's a fair deal
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #16
iAdventurer

I always thought Dilbert would make a good adventure game, but I guess Wallace & Gromit fits a similar mold. I'd also like to see the comic book franchise Fables and the Ringworld novels.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
Elegantly copy+pasted

There already are a couple of Ringworld adventure games, mattmanp.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:14 AM   #18

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Type View Post
After a second thought, Red Dwarf adventure would be really nice. IF it would be made by some Brits, like Woodroffes. Chris Barrie and Robert Llewellyn already lent their voices to Simon and Feeble, so it's a fair deal
What is this Simon and Feeble you speak of?

I wish they would bring back ridiculous star vehicles with none sense plots. Like a game where early 70's Jethro Tull is sucked into another dimension, and you have to use your wits and lyrically adept ballads to save a magic space kingdom. Ah the 80's to early 90's... a more innocent time.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 03-31-2009, 10:23 AM   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by therabidfrog View Post
What is this Simon and Feeble you speak of?
Chris Barrie voiced Simon in the first Simon the Sorcerer, and Llewellyn voiced Feeble in The Feeble Files.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:29 AM   #20

Most of the games mentioned here are 'meant' for action/arcade games not adventure ones