You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Worst Adventures

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 01:05 AM   #1

Send a message via MSN to tobacos
Default The Worst Adventures

i played quite a few bad Adventures lately but the worst was westerner2 also known as Fenimore Fillmore's Revenge.
the game hasnt any good point to mention,games like this are disgrace for adventure gaming.
the humor in the game was tasteless and the story was very cliched,the puzzles designed terribley and dont make any sense,annoying camera movements,and very frustrating action sequences,and with all that the game is tooooo short.

its a complete waste!!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
LA-S-LE

I agree, FFR is one of the wost titles from the past year. It ended in about 1.5 hour, had no real puzzles, lots of easy, but frustraring shooting sequences and very lame humor. It's not the worst adventure game ever, of course.

The worst adventure is Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2 - something you could've hardly expected from Infocom and Steve Meretzky. It was the worst way to end the Infocom days..
Old 02-28-2009, 03:00 AM   #3

I didn't play those games, but i guess there has to be a downside (as in everything else).

It's just how nature takes care of balance
Old 02-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #4
The Quiet One

Jack Orlando and The 11th Hour are two of the worst adventures i've played.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 02-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog

Absolute worst is Johnny Mnemonic. All FMV. You have like 8 buttons to choose from and at the start of every sequence you have a split second to correctly choose a completely random button.

I would also vote in Phantasmagoria as well as Brain Dead 13 since half the button pushes didn't correspond with your movements.

"There be knockers down here..." - T.G. 1884

My review of The Path
Old 02-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Stalker of Britain

THANK YOU for making this thread. I've always wanted to rant about which one I hate the most.

My worst adventure *has* to be...Rhem. I hated it. It was a clear copy of Myst, but it didn't even look as pretty as Myst. All of the backgrounds looked the same. There was no color besides brown, and it all looked like really bad graphics. The puzzles were really hard, mostly to do with math, and I don't like puzzles, but some people do. I was okay with that, if it had a story. I checked online to see if it was worth playing through...no. Everyone agreed there was absolutely no story line, just the thinnest string of one to tie the puzzles together. I gave up on it in disgust, and the only good thing I got from it was selling it for about $40...no joke.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #7

Hmmm, I can't think of any adventures I outright hated that I actually finished. Most of the ones I didn't finish were Myst clones. I don't like Myst.

A few games come to mind, that I didn't hardly get five minutes in before deciding I hated it. They are Sherlock Holmes: Mystery of the Mummy, The Messenger, Egypt 1156 B.C.: Tomb of the Pharaoh. One game I got fairly far in, but it was absolutely dreadful in terms of puzzles and story, and it had some tough action sequences. The game was The New Adventures of The Time Machine.

I'm also not a Sierra fan. I like the games themselves, but not a fan of dead ends, lots of deaths, and timed sequences.

Last edited by cwapitm; 02-28-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwapitm View Post
I'm also not a Sierra fan.
Sacrilege!

My review of The Path
Old 02-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #9
Easily amused

The title of this thread should be changed to "Your worst adventures" given the subjectiveness of the replies. In that vein, I'll add my worst completed adventure was Post Mortem. Innumerable dialogue trees, no response choices that made sense to me, and a paucity of puzzles made this almost unbearable. I finished it hand in hand with a WT just to see the end in some hope it might reward me for my efforts.
Most of my other worst adventures were so unenjoyable that I couldn't play any longer, thus they remain unfinished - Grim Fandango, Monkey Island 2, Gilbert Goodmate, Last Express, and Mystery of the Nautilus.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Colpet, you're right about the title. If tabacos doesn't mind, I can change it (let me know).

Following that, I would say, try not to take it personally if someone doesn't like an adventure that you loved*. Adventure gamers are a diverse lot of people.

*Lucas Arts lovers, Sierra lovers, etc...
Old 02-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #11

Why change it? I mean we can all agree on technically deficient or broken games, but there are games we hate for our own reasons.... like Johnny Mnemonic

My review of The Path
Old 02-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by colpet View Post
The title of this thread should be changed to "Your worst adventures" given the subjectiveness of the replies. In that vein, I'll add my worst completed adventure was Post Mortem. Innumerable dialogue trees, no response choices that made sense to me, and a paucity of puzzles made this almost unbearable. I finished it hand in hand with a WT just to see the end in some hope it might reward me for my efforts.
Most of my other worst adventures were so unenjoyable that I couldn't play any longer, thus they remain unfinished - Grim Fandango, Monkey Island 2, Gilbert Goodmate, Last Express, and Mystery of the Nautilus.
I hate in Post Mortem how you can miss some of the dialogue, because each tree leads to different ones, and you miss part of the story. Is it worth it in the end, though?

And I TOTALLY agree with Grim Fandango. But I don't like comedies. FINALLY, found someone who didn't like it besides me.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I "hate" Syberia, but I have put it down till later, since I didn't see any kind of a story or good characters...
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #13

I didn't want to dwell on negatives, but now that there's this thread: I like almost every game I try, and I liked most games that are mentioned here. But my provocative top 3 worst games is Syberia, The Longest journey and Gabriel Knight 3 (1&2 are the best though).
Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #14

I'd have to say that I never liked any of the historical/edutainment adventures produced by Cryo. Worst of them was Jerusalem. Pointless and plenty of death scenes, numerous crashes, some annoying timed sequences, uninspiring puzzles etc. From the games I did finish, I'd have to say Still Life is my least favourite. I liked the story and the graphics, but really disliked most of the puzzles, plus the ending was .
Old 02-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #15
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsFree View Post
But my provocative top 3 worst games is Syberia, The Longest journey and Gabriel Knight 3 (1&2 are the best though).
I agree with you about Syberia, but I forget if I've already asked this, but why didn't you like "The Longest Journey"?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #16
Seeker Of Red Herring(s)

I've certainly had a lot to complain about... and taken that as a cue to complain a bunch, I know... so I will take another opportunity to complain about one that I think epitomizes TERRIBLE:

So Blonde
  • World-class traipsing around back and forth and back and forth and back and forth tedium
  • Bad-old-fashioned pixel-hunting.
  • Amazingly illogical puzzle solving; AAMOF,
    Spoiler:
    throw-the-cork-to-break-the-shelf
    may be the worst ever
  • And even the 'humor' was severely lacking.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:44 AM   #17

Send a message via MSN to Mayboy

Lost Eden for me. Never understood what the game was about or what was required of you.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:32 AM   #18

For me it was The Blackstone Chronicles. I absolutely hated it. I couldn't stand the torture of the inmates. I gave the game away as soon as I finished it. It was the only game that I ever hated.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #19
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
For me it was The Blackstone Chronicles. I absolutely hated it. I couldn't stand the torture of the inmates. I gave the game away as soon as I finished it. It was the only game that I ever hated.
Everyone is titled to their own opinions. I liked this game, though especially since I read the book first. This game was definetely not for people who couldn't stomach it. But I like that kind of torture stuff.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #20

''Missing'' was horrendous..