You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Well That'll Teach Me.. (CSI: NY)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
The Ultimate Insult

Default Well That'll Teach Me.. (CSI: NY)

So I've played every CSI game, I know a lot of people dislike them because they're a TV show spin-off and dont technically class as adventure games, but I love them, because I find them unique and they dont concentrate their asses off on the characters and merchandising, but on the stories and gameplay system, which is.. or was made of win.

So, CSI NY came out, I saw it a couple of days after I was thinking to myself "Hrmm.. wonder if they'll make another CSI game.." and I got myself totally hyped, being how I am I ebayed it rather than paying £30 full price (Thank god I did.) Got it home, got it in my PC (Because my laptops CD drive has stopped working, thanks Matsushita. Thanks a lot. ¬_¬ )

Installed and .. OH MY GOD.

For the first half I thought the ebayer had gone to the trouble to produce a flash game to rip me off, but no.. played it a little and what the hell.

The decent storyline, suspense, gameplay system all the little niches that made the other games what they were.. gone.
Instead I have a mini game to collect a blood sample.. Im questioning people by clicking on a link in the text, I've got a cartoon corpse on the floor and.. IM PICKING UP A RUBBER DUCK AS EVIDENCE.
Takes. The. Piss.

As a game it barely passes.
As one of the CSI range.. it fails. Miserably.
That'll teach me to TRUST a company to produce MORE of the SAME. Heaven forbid in this time of change. Why mess with a perfectly good series.

Who else was dissappointed?
Who thinks Im over-reacting?

Please dont just come in and go "Serves you right for playing CSI games anyway they're crap."
Doesnt help anyone.

And why isnt there anywhere on Ubisofts site that I can complain? V-V
I feel like I've been duped? Realistic graphics on the front, the screenshots on the back of the case look simular to the old graphics because they're small and the blurb gives nothing away, and I feel like they've worked on peoples expectations simply to get some money.
Im really sick of games where they withold information to get their sales. It was the same with that ridiculously rubbish game based on America's top model, on the DS.. anywayy.. opinions?

Currently playing; CSI Deadly Intent, Tales Of Monkey Island Ep 1
Recently finished;Secret Files Puritas Cordis, Prof Layton and Pandora's Box
Eagerly anticipating;Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe new world, Nearly Departed
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
Super Moderator

The makers of this CSI game were not very up front about its casual/hidden object nature (which was bad) and you weren't the first person to be fooled.

The NY game is not the same as the previous CSI games (which were much more traditional adventures - and they're not bad games). Telltale made the two CSI games prior to this one. We didn't know here at AG right away until we heard from others.

To complain, I would think you'd need to go the Ubisoft site and find the contact info (I would think it would be there - the link to it is usually smaller than all the rest).
Old 02-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Banned User

Yeah ,I agree with you 100%. I'm a big fan of the CSI games, and found out like a month or so before release, just when I heard about the new game, and discovered that the game's production values drop three quarters. It looks like a game for the iPhone or DS. It just look and plays like crap.

Obviously, this is because they aren't the same devs as the previous games. Thankfully I took the time to check out the website before buying the game.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
The Ultimate Insult

Yeah.. I should've checked really, but to be honest there arent many critical reviews online..
Even the screenshots dont give much away..
But yeah thanks for that link- wish I could've found it earlier.

Currently playing; CSI Deadly Intent, Tales Of Monkey Island Ep 1
Recently finished;Secret Files Puritas Cordis, Prof Layton and Pandora's Box
Eagerly anticipating;Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe new world, Nearly Departed
Old 03-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Atlantis, but your bad experience has been my gain as I was thinking of getting this game and was looking forward to the NY rather than the Vegas setting.

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more Miami games, though that would probably now have a minigame where you remove and put back on, Horatio's sunglasses.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:21 AM   #6

I was so very much disappointed with this game. When i first heard it will be a new CSI game i was ecstatic. But then... I don't know what they where thinking. Let's hope it will be the only one and if they'll release another one it wont be the same as this one...
Old 03-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #7

im totally with u there atlantis, i stupidly pre ordered the game and was chuffed as chipmunks when it arrived, until about 2 seconds in i realised i had been duped, BIG STYLE, its nothing more than a bigfish clone. i really love the csi games (even miami that i dont watch on tv) and i hope they return to the older types of the series. defo not buying anymore games without checking the reviews 1st lol.
also i dont mind casual games but i prefer to know thats what a game is when im about 2 buy 1
x
Old 03-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
Banned User

Next time people, don't preorder or buy games blindly. This is a lesson for everyone. Just slap god on the cover and the world would buy into right?

This is real sad.