You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Best graphics an AG

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to therabidfrog
Default Best graphics an AG

I'm looking for something new with first rate graphics. Most AG games just look dated, not that I mind. I'm not a graphics fiend or anything and don't mind playing old games or older looking games, but are there any newer AG games have updated graphics? Maybe something impressive.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:09 PM   #2

Dreamfall has some pretty damn spiffy lookin' graphics, although probably not state of the art to the extreme. You might also be interested in Heavy Rain, which is coming soon to PS3...

Last edited by D.C.; 02-19-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #3

I would say that Perry Rhodan: Myth of the Illochim has very good graphics.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Stalker of Britain

I second Dreamfall. And if you get a saved game from someone, I'd say give "The Lost Crown" another try.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #5

The Lost Crown has some pretty ancient graphics. I did like how they used actual photos to create a lot of the backgrounds, but it all still looked dated.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Stalker of Britain

Did it really? I really liked the graphics.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #7
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Outcry (aka Sublustrum) has quite impressive graphics, both artistically and in their technical execution.

Also, Casebook has a breakthrough graphics creation technology worth checking out.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #8

Now I have not played this game, but from what I have seen, it´s rather well-looking and I believe it wasn´t mentioned yet - Penumbra.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #9

If action adventures count as "adventures", you have to try Tomb Raider Underworld. The graphics are just amazing, game play is excellent, puzzles are epic and HUUUUUUUGE but not very difficult, and once you get into a temple courtyard running the game on 20'' widescreen like I do, the only thing you can do is gasp and jawdrap

Oh yea... the screenshots you can find on the internet look good, but once you see everything in motion they look just plain boring
Old 02-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMON View Post
Now I have not played this game, but from what I have seen, it´s rather well-looking and I believe it wasn´t mentioned yet - Penumbra.
Both Penumbra games were first rate. The graphics were good compaired to most AG. I definatly want to get the collection when it comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysryn View Post
If action adventures count as "adventures", you have to try Tomb Raider Underworld. The graphics are just amazing, game play is excellent, puzzles are epic and HUUUUUUUGE but not very difficult, and once you get into a temple courtyard running the game on 20'' widescreen like I do, the only thing you can do is gasp and jawdrap

Oh yea... the screenshots you can find on the internet look good, but once you see everything in motion they look just plain boring
I played Underworld, and liked it a lot. Though I wouldn't call it an AG game. At least not in the sense I am talking about. But I am a big fan of teh tomb raider games.