You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Help finding a game i remember playing as a child

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #1

Default Help finding a game i remember playing as a child

I was hoping someone could help me to find a game i remember playing as a child.

I believe the game starts with two women at a river where one of them is looking down in the water. She falls in (or gets pulled in: I can't remember) and the other one jumps in after her. They are then in some kind of vortex or tornado trying to get a hold of each other. The first girl gets pulled out of the vortex and transformed into an troll or something. Can't remember what happens to the other one. And the rest of the game you switch between these two characters.
I don't think it was a horror point and click. (However it did frighten me back then) I also remember that you can die in the game.

The only other think i remember is there is a time where you are hanging from a ledge and a man with a shovel points it at you and if you don't click it you fall and die...

Hope someone can find this game i would really appreciate it
Old 11-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #2
Pixiehunter

That sounds like the introduction of King's Quest VII.
Haven't played it very far yet, so I don't know whether the rest of the description fits though.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #3

Default Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I thought i had checked every Kings Quest but there it is!! i even remember the cover work Thank you sooooo much!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Play it if you have the chance. Not the best way to start your journey through the wondrous land of Daventry, but a very good game nonetheless!

Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 11-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #5

Im also looking for a game i played when i was a kid, i thought id put this thread to good use!

All i remeber from the game is going to easter island and finding some sort of red gemstone near an archaeological dig and maybe at one point going to china. The graphical style was similar to broken sword, the main protagonist was male.

Not much to go on, hope someone can help!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggot View Post
Im also looking for a game i played when i was a kid, i thought id put this thread to good use!

All i remeber from the game is going to easter island and finding some sort of red gemstone near an archaeological dig and maybe at one point going to china. The graphical style was similar to broken sword, the main protagonist was male.

Not much to go on, hope someone can help!
Sounds like Ripley's Believe It or Not: The Riddle of Master Lu (1995).
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
Freeware Co-ordinator

Here is that game in games database
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 11-05-2008, 04:49 AM   #8

Brilliant! thank you both.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #9
Senior *female* member

I always wondered why it's not as popular as Broken Sword.. it's a really good game. It's a pity DosBox and I don't get along very well, because just remembering Mr. Ripley makes me want to replay it.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien View Post
I always wondered why it's not as popular as Broken Sword.. it's a really good game. It's a pity DosBox and I don't get along very well, because just remembering Mr. Ripley makes me want to replay it.
As a fan of Broken Sword I'll have to check it out. That said, Broken Sword is more than just a game, it was an almost perfect combination of thriller and comedy, and it had a real sense of time in the end of the millennium. In fact I love the game so much, that I have intentionally never finished it, almost like a book I never want to end, lol.

I have restarted Broken Sword almost 50 times, haha. I know, that's nuts but maybe I'll actually finish it now, almost 10 years after I first bought it!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #11

Excellent game. If you're lucky enough to find a copy be sure to get the patch that prevents an 'out of memory' bug that occurs at a particularly unfortunate place near the end. Apply it immediately as I seem to remember that it makes your saved games unusable. I had no problem running it in the most current version of DosBox in XPsp3.