You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Mozart - The Last Secret Released

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #21

Given what PolloDiablo wrote, I would be running (not walking) away from this game.

It kind of sounds like every single puzzle in this game would be irritating to me. Still, hope it does eventually reach an English release for those who remain interested...
Old 10-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #22
Adventure Game Researcher

I have been in communication with the developer and they do say that the english script and voicing has been done....i remain hopeful. I have the game in french but have not had time to try it so i cant say yay or nay on the puzzles...it is a unique title for there is little about classical composers and Mozart remains my fav.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 08-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #23

Just finished this game (I played the Russian version, since somehow these kinds of games seem to get translated to Russian more often than to English). The gameplay is terrible. Many minigames that require you to do the same thing over and over again, only much faster or with more pieces of the puzzle. The story is absurd and I didn't get from time to time what I was doing or why I would do the things the walkthrough told me to. How on earth is someone (Mozart for crying out loud!) going to play a game of ‘31’ while a bomb is ticking?! Movement is clumsy at best, and gets annoying if you have to backtrack through several rooms. Lots of the good old pixel-hunting, because objects don't stand out against the background and there isn't a convenient button to make them show on the screen (I have to confess, I play these games mainly because of the story, because, to be honest, having the pleasure – while being Mozart – to figure out how to make a cup of coffee by combining objects is not really what I was looking for in this game). The soundtrack is the only reason I would recommend playing this game. But is doesn't last for long and gets repeated several times throughout the game.

Conclusion: by no means a must play, many flaws, gets increasingly frustrating the further you get. Oh yeah, and you need to know how to read notes, or else: trial and error (which is good fun, seeing that there are like 10 000 options late in the game).

Game itself: 2/5
Music: 5/5
So if I'm in a mild mood I might give this game 2,5/5.