You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Mozart - The Last Secret Released

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Adventure Game Researcher

Default Mozart - The Last Secret Released

Mozart-The Last Secret is released by Micro Application,

http://www.mozart-lejeu.com/

33.95 Euros 1 DVD + 1CD Audio

Trailer:
http://www.telefragged.com/file.php?id=70319

Mozart: The Last Secret

Developer: GameCo Studios
Releases: 2008 - Announced
(Micro Application)

Platform: PC
Perspective: Third-Person
Presentation: 2D or 2.5D
Control: Point-and-click
Theme: Historical, Mystery, Conspiracy
Gameplay: Investigative
Graphic Style: Illustrated realism
Media: DVD

Micro Applications
http://www.microapp.com/

Mozart - The Last Secret
"It's 1788 and Mozart is in Prague. Here he is giving the inaugural showing of his famous opera, Don Giovanni. The plaudits he receives are universal, but very quickly the events that are shaking the capital of Bohemia will take his mind off the music. Far from the footlights, a terrible conspiracy is underway, designed to dethrone Joseph II, Austro-Hungarian Emperor and Mozart's benefactor. Left bereft and manipulated, the musical prodigy finds himself plunged into the heart of the conflict. With murders, plotting and occult ceremonies going on all around, only his genius will allow him to extricate himself from the situation."

From Micro's Site:

Incarnez Mozart et déjouez une terrible machination !

Vous connaissez Mozart le musicien, Mozart le libertin...
Découvrez le côté obscur de Mozart !

1788, Mozart présente Don Giovanni Ã* l'opéra de Prague. L’accueil est enthousiaste et rien n'aurait dû inquiéter le compositeur de génie... Mais rapidement, les événements qui secouent la capitale de Bohême vont le détourner de sa musique....

Une conspiration machiavélique est en cours pour détrôner Joseph II, empereur d'Autriche-Hongrie. Les francs-maçons seront manipulés et serviront de boucs émissaires. Vous incarnez Mozart, qui, accusé Ã* tour d'un crime, va se transformer pour quelques heures en l'un des plus grands détectives de l'histoire pour parvenir Ã* déjouer l'attentat des conjurés de Prague.

Un grand jeu d'aventure pour toute la famille : Dans un lieu mythique et romantique, Prague, dans un contexte historique fort juste avant la Révolution, dans l'univers mystique de la franc-maçonnerie !
Un jeu comme au cinéma écors grandioses, musique exceptionnelle et des doublages de grande qualité

Des jeux musicaux inédits :
Direction d'un orchestre et résolution de puzzles de cryptographie musicale...

INCLUS !

Des gameplays musicaux inédits La voix officielle du Mozart du film Amadeus
Le CD audio de la B.O. du jeu

Pour en savoir plus, découvrez le site internet officiel de Mozart :
www.mozart-lejeu.com

You're Mozart, who is in turn accused of a crime, you will be transformed for a few hours in one of the greatest detective in history to thwart the attack of conspirators in Prague.

A great adventure game for the whole family: In a mythical and romantic Prague, in a historical high period, a classic era,just before the Revolution, in the mystical world of freemasonry!

A game and film Écores grandiose, unique music and high quality dubbing

New music games:
Direction of an orchestra and solving puzzles cryptography music ...

INCLUDED!

Gameplay of the original musical voice of the film Amadeus Mozart
The audio CD of the game B.O.

For more information, visit the official website of Mozart:

Reviewers said:

"A pleasant stroll in a city full of history. And then, playing Mozart, literally, without knowing a single note of music theory, it is something wonderful!"
CARREFOUR KNOWLEDGE (October 2008)

VALUE ON "***" "With its innovative sound, graphics and the original setting, this game title marks a major step in the evolution of [the] adventure game."
TV FANCY (4-7 October 2008)

"Mozart and Matte Painting: a beautiful story"
CLUBIC.COM (11 July 2007)

" {High] Level achievement, [...] the graphics and design and locations all combine beauty and precision"
JEUXVIDEO.COM (22 June 2007)

"Three beautiful and magnificent moments of Mozart (...)"
GAMEBLOG.FR (15 May 2007)

"(...) A discovery of the most original [kind of game] (...)"
JEUXACTU.COM (24 April 2007)

"(...) In view of the first images, it looks rather nice."
JOYSTICK (May 2007)

"Mozart looks particularly original (...)"
JDLI / JOURNAL OF LEISURE INTERACTIVE (13 April 2007)

"These are the first screens of next Thursday's famous composer reveal a soft and beautiful graphics (...)"
LIVE PC (21 February 2007)

"The opportunity to play in revising its history, geography or her knowledge ofarchitecture, all with the music maestro in the background, a rather interesting {game] planned for the end of the year on PC."
GAMERS.FR (20 March 2007)

"All the scenes are beautifully rendered, wonderfully created in a translucent way, and creating overall a unique ambience."
GameKult (20 March 2007)

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs

Last edited by Christian IV; 10-12-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:33 AM   #2

Not available in English yet I assume?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #3

not yet, i just got word from Micro and they refered me to GameCo for more info and i am asking now.

The matte technique is remarkabe used in this game and i am very intrigued to see it in action. It may hold some real promise for extended application, for it allows intensily immersive settings and environments with artful application. It is NOT a universal bandaid for bad design i think but in good hands may be of great help.

This game uses a new background technology (new for games, it has been used in movies and theatre for years, since 1907) called Matte Painting that is dynamic..it involved them taking over 6000 photographs of Prague and then re creating them in 2D and adding 3D to it....it is quite amazing...it combines photography as source and then artistic enhancements on top of and using it....

here are some examples of before and after of the process:

http://www.clubic.com/actualite-7650...une-belle-hist...

Matte painting is described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matte_painting

and here are some examples:
http://mattepainting.org/gallery/mai...g2_itemId=1196

It is a new step forward in game development and a wonderful art to see applied to this ever evolving medium.

Game Patches and Aides
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 10-15-2008, 07:30 AM   #4

GameCo just told me today they are working on the Master of the English version of the game, and refered me back to Micro for release date.

Game Patches and Aides
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 10-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #5

Awesome... I have been dying to play this game! (...and yes, I really DO need to practice my French!)
Old 10-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #6
Hopeful skeptic

Except MicroApp doesn't publish in English territories, I believe, so as usual, the real wait is for local distributors to get involved. Could be weeks, could be months, could be never. (I hope not, but it happens.)
Old 10-15-2008, 11:13 AM   #7

We often get french games here in Quebec, long before their English counterparts are released or distributed, so I am hopefull I will see this game soon.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:07 AM   #8

correct Re Micro...but the good news is that GameCo is finishing the English edition as we speak...so it will hopefully get to us via some distributor/publisher. I will do some more asking.

Game Patches and Aides
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 10-16-2008, 05:02 AM   #9
3rd person fanatic :)

I never got the point of developing games in other languages than english... and even more strange is that english version might never even see the light of day... english-understanding people are the vast majority in the world after all...

As for the Mozart game: Sounds and looks brilliant, looking forward to its release! (IF it comes in english, that is... well, we can't but hope)
Old 10-22-2008, 01:38 AM   #10

are there at least english subtitles in the original version?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #11

This is one that I must play. i will have to learn basic french if it doesn't get translated.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #12

I'm very keen to play this game, and have been since I first read about it a few months ago.

Let's hope the English version turns up soon.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #13

Whatever happened to the English version of this game? And can anyone who's played the game (in either language) confirm if it's any good or not?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
Tea & Cookie Monster

This looks like it could be an interesting game... Let´s hope it will be released in english!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog of war View Post
Whatever happened to the English version of this game? And can anyone who's played the game (in either language) confirm if it's any good or not?
It's by the folk who made Still Life 2... I woudl think you'll be lucky if it runs.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #16
3rd person fanatic :)

I doubted the english release already two years ago, and now i'm pretty sure it will never come.

Last edited by MoonBird; 09-25-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #17
Chicken with a bite

You're not missing out on anything special. It's an awful game, full of a rather limited range of stupid minigames and the story has inconsistencies all over.

I'll copy what I wrote on a different forum.

[...] Especially the conducting mini-game, which I hated with a vengeance. It is totally impossible to do with a trackball but even when I especially bought a "normal" mouse for this game I couldn't do it flawlessly, which is what you have to do right at the end of the game. Make one mistake and you're in an endless loop of retrying... needless to say I never got to see the end.

And then there is the story, which asks you to believe you would go play a leisurely game of cards when there is an emergency going on and you absolutely need to go to another location immediately, and secret doors will open when you play the violin at them...

I think it is a big help if you can read musical scores (that is, recognize half or quarter notes, understand which instruments can play several notes at once or would use notes that go on ledger lines, know where a dot or accidental goes etc).

As I did not enjoy this game at all, I would not recommend it to anyone.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloDiablo View Post
You're not missing out on anything special. It's an awful game, full of a rather limited range of stupid minigames and the story has inconsistencies all over.

[...] Especially the conducting mini-game, which I hated with a vengeance. It is totally impossible to do with a trackball but even when I especially bought a "normal" mouse for this game I couldn't do it flawlessly, which is what you have to do right at the end of the game. Make one mistake and you're in an endless loop of retrying... needless to say I never got to see the end.

And then there is the story, which asks you to believe you would go play a leisurely game of cards when there is an emergency going on and you absolutely need to go to another location immediately, and secret doors will open when you play the violin at them...

I think it is a big help if you can read musical scores (that is, recognize half or quarter notes, understand which instruments can play several notes at once or would use notes that go on ledger lines, know where a dot or accidental goes etc).

Oh dear.

Suspicions confirmed.

Maybe GameCo should produce 'casual adventures' instead?
Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #19
Tea & Cookie Monster

Maybe I´m not so interested after all...
Old 09-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloDiablo View Post

That's a shame. Aside from the nice setting and interesting-sounding back story, I'm a musician and the idea of the musical puzzles was very appealing... but it sounds like they haven't integrated them into the game in a very intelligent way.