You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure LucasArts crossover game?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #1

Default LucasArts crossover game?

I just had this idea about a great way LucasArts could revive their old adventure game IPs, if they ever actually desired to do so... What if they made a game where all of their greatest characters had a big crossover event? Kind of like a Super Smash Bros. for LucasArts characters... or maybe more like the Harvey Birdman cartoon with all the old Hanna-Barbara characters.

I think it would work since all the old LucasArts games are already so tongue-in-cheek (and some even make reference to other games, too). There could be different episodes with characters who have been swapped into other worlds... Guybrush in the apocolyptic biker world of Full Throttle. The Maniac Mansion kids in Grim Fandango's death world. Maybe a plot involving all the villains, like a LeChuck-Dr. Fred-aliens from Zak McCracken alliance? Maybe the villains are playable characters teaming up with the heroes to conquer a bigger threat? Or it could be totally self-referential and it could be about all the characters trying to save the adventure genre itself?

Do people think it would work? What are some other ideas?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #2

I'm going to be brutally honest here and say that's a stupid idea...sorry.
What lucas arts should do is a star wars themed adventure. It amazes me how they never did it since they were so obsessed with star wars even when they actually made adventure games.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:12 AM   #3
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

I think it's a good idea for an amatour adventure game - homage to the LucasArts of yore. Unfortunately, there are 99% chances it would get sued.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 PM   #4

LucasArts as we knew and loved it is gone. Now it's all about the light sabre, the whip and the LEGO.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Sierra used to do something like this with their Hoyle games... favorite characters sitting around playing cards together.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #6
QFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Sierra used to do something like this with their Hoyle games... favorite characters sitting around playing cards together.
I was JUST about to mention that.

+1!