You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure A retraction of "1st-Person or 3rd-Person"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2008, 05:02 AM   #1
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL
Default A retraction of "1st-Person or 3rd-Person"

The thread was closed, but I've realized I was wrong. I criticized The Last Express for switching between perspectives, and used it as an example of how 1st-person can't work for story-driven adventures. But then I remembered Phoenix Wright, a story-driven adventure I love which switches between 1st-person and 3rd-person. In fact, the switching views makes things clearer rather than more confusing! So 1st-person isn't the problem, and I acknowledge that a first-person perspective can work for story-driven adventures, especially when combined with third-person.

In this light, my complaint against The Last Express doesn't make any sense. So I retract it completely, attributing it to personal foolishness, and I apologize. Maybe I should try playing through seriously now.

I've said my piece. Moderators may lock this thread.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:18 AM   #2
Senior *female* member

Which reminds me... we were going to play The Last Express as a community playthrough, right? Maybe this isn't the best time of year for a community playthrough though. If we are, I hope you'll participate, Mory!

Mods, if this post is inappropriate, please move or remove it.