You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure TAC's Dracula: Origin - oddities in the PDF manual

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #1

Default TAC's Dracula: Origin - oddities in the PDF manual

I've found some things in the PDF manual that are either straight out errors, or I missed something;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 6
To exit this menu without loading a game, click on the silver ring in the middle of the screen, or press "Esc" on your keyboard and you will be returned to the main menu.
What silver ring!? There's a Back button at the bottom of the screen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 7
To access your portfolio, simply right click to display it (which contains the inventory, archives, dialogues, documents, Van Helsing' personal notes and the navigation map).
What do they mean by "navigation map"? It's either an odd error or I misunderstand something (by the way, on page 11 there's a picture of the portfolio screen, and it looks just like the one in the game, not an early version of it or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page 12
When Van Helsing finds a new document, writes a report or learns something new, an icon is displayed on the top right of the screen. Right click to see the new information. The document is then added to the corresponding section. The icon will continue to display while the document is being read.
What is this all about!? When you receive a new document/report, you're automatically taken to read it in the portfolio! Also, a document is "being read" while you're inside the portfolio, there are no "top-right-corner icons" there...

So, it seems that the PDF manual in my copy is partly outdated.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh View Post
What is this all about!? When you receive a new document/report, you're automatically taken to read it in the portfolio! Also, a document is "being read" while you're inside the portfolio, there are no "top-right-corner icons" there...
This one is semi-accurate. You're not always taken inside the portfolio, other times an icon will be shown.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
This one is semi-accurate. You're not always taken inside the portfolio, other times an icon will be shown.
Hmm... I don't remember that...
So all the rest of the quotes are just simple mistakes?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:02 AM   #4
Freeware Co-ordinator

You get the icon in the corner to show dialogues have been recorded. I believe everything else takes you straight to the copy in the journal.

The back button is silver though I don't know that I'd describe it as a "silver ring"

There is no navigation map in the journal.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 06-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #5

Thanks. Usually their PDF manuals are quite accurate, don't know what happened with this one...