You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure I don't want Syberia 2 to end!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 05:37 AM   #1

Default I don't want Syberia 2 to end!!!!

Hi all,
So I'm coming close to finishing Syberia 2 after playing Syberia 1 and it's just too good!!! What am I going to play after it?????

I've played and loved The longest Journey 1 and 2.

I didn't like Sherlock Holmes the awakened at all, so aren't really interested in the new one. I don't want to play anything older than syberia.

Is there anything out there as good as Syberia?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:41 AM   #2

Hey I got off my butt and did a bit of google research (well that's actually staying on my butt) and found the creator of syberia is making a game called "paradise". Better get my sleeping bag ready to camp out the front of a store for it's release!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by patterntangle View Post
Hey I got off my butt and did a bit of google research (well that's actually staying on my butt) and found the creator of syberia is making a game called "paradise". Better get my sleeping bag ready to camp out the front of a store for it's release!
It's out already, Sinking Island too.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:48 AM   #4

Hey it came out 2 years ago!!! and got 5.8 on Gamespot!!!
ah, what do those gamespot people know - they gave The Awakened an 8.0

OK, what the real deal on this game paradise????
anyone..... buel.....
Old 04-01-2008, 05:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by heodox View Post
It's out already, Sinking Island too.
Have you played them, would I like them?????
Old 04-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Have you played them, would I like them?????
I'm personally not too keen on Sokal games, i played Paradise and it seems to be very similar in style to the Syberia only with oriental feel, so you would probably like it. Sinking Island I haven't yet tried.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #7

There's a German demo? out for Sinking Island you could download - if you understand German that is. Or just use a dictionary...

I understand German so I played the demo. It is really very nice and OK, I think. The game's environment is beautifully crafted (handcrafted?) art deco screens which really captures the mood in the time(s) of the game.

I haven't tried Paradise yet, but I think some (or ok, a lot of) adventure gamers felt that is contained a few too many action sequences.

Spoiler:
You play as a panther sometimes and as this animal you need to jump a few times. These action elements can be avoided, though

Many adventure game fans also thought that Paradise was a bugfest (to put it mildly) and that the first lady of the game did not live up to Kate Walker in Syberia or April in The Longest Journey. I remember seeing some other issues, too.

If you liked Syberia, chances are you'll like Paradise and Sinking Island, too.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #8

Thanks, Sinking island looks the better of the 2. I like art deco stuff.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:20 AM   #9

well I did actually just finish Syberia 2. It's the best adventure game I've ever played!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #10

Well I actually had the opposite experience from you. While I own both Syberias (i tend to support adventure games in general) I have never finished any of them, I just get bored with them. Meanwhile, the Sherlock Holmes The Awakened I not only finished, but I enjoyed it so much that I played without a walkthrough! Just my opinion
Old 04-02-2008, 07:11 AM   #11

Quote:
well I did actually just finish Syberia 2. It's the best adventure game I've ever played!
the best adventure game i've ever played would be either Monkey Island 2, or Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #12

This is the best game i played!! Love the graphics and the interface.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #13

I enjoyed the Syberia games, although I am not fanatical about them. Paradise was a huge let down in my opinion. The story was weak, the game play lacklustre and the graphics... I thought they were terrible. A few months after playing it, all I can remember is muddy graphics and unclued puzzles strung together in place of a plot.

As far as what to play next, two games I really enjoyed that people don't seem to talk about much are Keepsake and Echo: Secrets of Lost Cavern. Keepsake has you wandering around an abandoned school trying to find out what happened there. It's not big on story, but the environments are beautiful and it's a real pleasure to wander around and solve puzzles. Echo is unusual for it's prehistoric setting, you play a stone age boy who sets off from his tribe to learn the art of cave painting.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastebud View Post
Well I actually had the opposite experience from you. While I own both Syberias (i tend to support adventure games in general) I have never finished any of them, I just get bored with them. Meanwhile, the Sherlock Holmes The Awakened I not only finished, but I enjoyed it so much that I played without a walkthrough! Just my opinion
hah, you are the opposite to me! any other games you hated I should check out
Old 04-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Hi all,
So I'm coming close to finishing Syberia 2 after playing Syberia 1 and it's just too good!!! What am I going to play after it?????]
I, too, loved both those games ... and the endings were fantastic, especially in contrast to others I've played.

You might also like Tunguska (Secret Files). If you read the reviews, you'll see there are some problems with it, but it is pretty good. Also, the second one must be due for release soon. I'm guessing the second will correct the mistakes of the first and be very, very good.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 04-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #16
Master of time and space

The Black Mirror is one of my favourite (modern?) adventure games.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #17

I loved the Syberia games too. Paradise was a bit of a letdown to me, compared to those two, but give it a try if you can find it. I liked Still Life very much, so if you can find that, I highly recommend it.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #18

I’m playing Still Life now and really enjoying it, although I dislike seeing all those bloody gory bodies of women. There really is a great sense of mystery and adventure in Still Life that is reminiscent of the Syberia games. And the art is definitely fantastic.

I like the lead girl character. But she is Kate Walker on steroids, suited for more mature game players.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 04-11-2008, 12:54 AM   #19

no one does! that is the tragedy of loving Adventure games. Me, I am waiting for QFG10, let alone QFG6. I wish I could have GK6, let alone wish for GK4. And when I came to the cliffhanger at the end of Still Life I scoffed never thinking that I would ever see the ending(shockingly it seems I actually might).

The game I wish the most to be continued right now(that realistically might be) is The Longest Journey ........... I loved Dreamfall but it had to be the shittiest ending ever in a game......... I really really hope they give us something more. At least it is a company that is still in business, and operating from a country that gave them a film grant.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #20
ssa

You should try Longest Journey