You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Desperately Looking for Obsidian

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #1

Default Desperately Looking for Obsidian

I've spent countless days trying to find Obsidian, the 1996 adventure game. I know there are several (unusually expensive) copies on eBay, but I would really like to find it online as the company is out of business and their product really isn't "for sale" anymore.

Countless torrents have had nobody seeding, and I'm beginning to wonder if there's nobody else who will offer me a very dated game for a *reasonable* price.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
Treasure Hunter

I actually have the game in original box, with all the documentation (last I checked) and the included strategy guide. I'm not so sure about selling it though, as it's a great game that I really enjoyed playing. I mean, it's a great game. Sorry I can't be of much help. I only payed about $7.00 for it anyways, and it was already second-hand. And the box is a bit crushed... okay, pretty crushed.

Again, sorry I'm not selling. I mean, I'll think about it. I'm not sure how much replay ability it has anyways. I'll talk to my brother about it, and let you know what we decide.

Playing: ...
Next up: Syberia 2, Full Throttle, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Old 02-21-2008, 04:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadeJackrabbit View Post
I actually have the game in original box, with all the documentation (last I checked) and the included strategy guide. I'm not so sure about selling it though, as it's a great game that I really enjoyed playing. I mean, it's a great game. Sorry I can't be of much help. I only payed about $7.00 for it anyways, and it was already second-hand. And the box is a bit crushed... okay, pretty crushed.

Again, sorry I'm not selling. I mean, I'll think about it. I'm not sure how much replay ability it has anyways. I'll talk to my brother about it, and let you know what we decide.

I would never ask anyone to part with it who didn't want to. I remember how disappointed I was after mine was gone so many years ago.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
Treasure Hunter

Okay. Glad to hear you understand. I've lost a lot of games though in the past, mostly good ones (StarCraft, 007: Goldeneye...) and it's very annoying. Hope you find a copy though. Check any local thrift stores and drop-off places. They'll sometimes have old games, and you may be lucky like I was!

Anyways, good luck.

Playing: ...
Next up: Syberia 2, Full Throttle, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Old 02-21-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
Magic Wand Waver

Send a message via MSN to Fairygdmther

Obsidian is my all-time favorite game, so I'm not willing to part with it either. It took me the better part of a year to find it used on eBay at a reasonable price (about $12 US). Good luck!

FGM
Old 02-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Check out Amazon marketplace. Some are outrageously expensive, but others aren't. It depends on how intact you want the game.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...venturegame-20
Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
Agent 5

Just thank God you don't have to dig up the Mac version. I believe the best price I have yet come across was around $45, without shipping, of course.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane

Unfortunately, I'm with everyone else here. Obsidian is a damn sweet game. I got the mac version (which is even rarer than the PC version) for only 5 dollars! Ebay of course is where I found it, I hope you're able to find some luck there too.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #9

There are 15 available here.

http://gametz.com/aGames/PC/Obsidian.html