You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Vampyre, marketing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
Evil Incarnate

Default Vampyre, marketing?

I was just wondering, is the Q1 release date official? If so, why hasn't there been any rush of media or any PR work of late?

I'd love to have a thread for all kinds of speculation about the game, but there seems to be no real material for that to happen. When will the rush of stuff come so that we can go nuts over it before release?

(and even without the media and the PR, where's all the people running around screaming here at AG? I'm tingly all over, am I the only one?
Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #2

Meanwhile I've been doing PR work of my own. I've sent links to all my friends telling how wonderful this game is. I recently went into my local independant game store and asked them to look up the game's website and it really chuffed the owner.

Here's hoping it chuffed him enough to pre-order a few copies.

That being said I'm slightly worried about all the hype in the adventure community. There's been so much talk about this game from the very beginning, I'm really fearing that, if the game isn't pretty much perfect in all criteria (most particularly if it's funny or not) it'll receive one heck of a backlash.

Here's hoping not though.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #3

Yes, this one is almost as bad as Gray Matter in terms of updates (or lack thereof), though at least we're still getting a batch of screenshots every now and then.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
Evil Incarnate

Would be a shame if it was pushed back...
Old 02-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #5

With the extraordinarily small amount of media released, there's no way it's coming out this quarter.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
Super Moderator

This is what their blog says as of Feb. 3:

Quote:
I want to give you all an update on what we are doing and give you some news. First, we are frantically working on all the bug fixes and scripting for AVS1. No firm release date yet but we are getting close and I'm thrilled with the progress.

Autumn Moon is expanding! That is exciting news. We just hired on three new team members, Mark Teal a long time industry vet who has worked for Interplay, Shiny and Midway, has come on board as VP of Business Development and Executive Producer. Publishers should contact him from now on. Mark will be freeing up my time to concentrate on all things creative

click link above for more...
Old 02-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
Evil Incarnate

«Getting close» is hardly any informative, Autumn Moon. I just hope they're on track for a release pretty soon. Q2 wouldn't surprise me, and it would be ok getting it in the early summer.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #8
Under pressure.

I don't mind if they take their time. They need to get it right! My expectations are high

--Erwin
Old 02-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
«Getting close» is hardly any informative, Autumn Moon. I just hope they're on track for a release pretty soon. Q2 wouldn't surprise me, and it would be ok getting it in the early summer.
Maybe they aren't ready to say more. Developers can be too definitive with a release date and then something comes up and wham, it's getting delayed (sometimes more than once - The Lost Crown is a great example of this).

It's a fine balance. If you start doing a big publicity push and then there's a delay, you lose that momentum.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
I was just wondering, is the Q1 release date official? If so, why hasn't there been any rush of media or any PR work of late?
Were they talking about a fiscal or calendar year? The next Q1 of the fiscal year would at the end of this year. But based on the blog bit that Melanie posted, it sounds like they would be referring to a calendar year.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:31 AM   #11
Evil Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
Maybe they aren't ready to say more. Developers can be too definitive with a release date and then something comes up and wham, it's getting delayed (sometimes more than once - The Lost Crown is a great example of this).

It's a fine balance. If you start doing a big publicity push and then there's a delay, you lose that momentum.
Precisely why it's scary. When you're in late development, you pretty much know when you can expect RC's, and it just doesn't sound to reassuring that they use very vague words. I'd say it's a Q2 game, and that's fine by me (as long as they just do it right, as Erwin points out).
Old 02-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br View Post
I don't mind if they take their time. They need to get it right! My expectations are high

--Erwin
Agreed.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #13

Hmm, I think I will lower my expectations. I don't want to scare them into never releasing the game because they just aren't sure it will live up to all those high expectations, considering the fact that everyone of us has different ideas about what we want in the game.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:48 AM   #14
Senior *female* member

Smart Pavlovian PR or could it really be true...?
A Vampyre Story available for download in May!
And The Abbey this month.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/856/85624...0&RSSid=856249

Old 03-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #15
Evil Incarnate

Brilliant!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #16
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien View Post
Smart Pavlovian PR or could it really be true...?
A Vampyre Story available for download in May!
And The Abbey this month.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/856/85624...0&RSSid=856249

Whoo! Awesome!

--Erwin
Old 03-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #17

A Vampyre Story is also scheduled for May in Germany, The Abbey for April.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:45 AM   #18

I'm happy to hear that it's due for release in May. I'm not happy to hear that this will only be through digital distribution. Unfortunately my home Internet connection is pretty shaky at the moment, and downloading anything that large would be very difficult. Of course, if it gets released later on CD, that's fine.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #19
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
I'm not happy to hear that this will only be through digital distribution.
No, they want to make a profit. So it will be released on DVD.

PS: For the UK, by Focus.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #20
LGH

Crimson Cow have opened community boards for AVS and Abbey now. And they even tried to anwer a few questions. On a saturday

http://www.crimsoncowcommunity.com/