You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure games that are haunting you

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 01:57 AM   #21
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Veil View Post
The 2 games that spring to mind for me would be:

Toonstruck: Installed it on an old Win'98 pc because we all know it's a b*tch to get it to run on XP. I got to the point where you have to "win" prices on some kind of slot machine and it spins way too fast to be able to win the last price I need so I just gave up.
Even my slow win95 machine was a little too fast for Toonstruck. I remember at least two other puzzles which were a pain (fish, stewing pot). In the end I made it, but I had to grind my teeth and patiently try again and again and again...

Quote:
The Neverhood: This is a game I still need to get my hands on but seeing as it costs so much on ebay and then has to be shipped all across the world I haven't got it yet.
It is such a marvelous game! If it's too expensive, why not buy an unboxed copy on ebay, play it and sell it again? The Neverhood is always in demand, no problem selling it.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:07 AM   #22
Caffein Queen

Toonstruck is now perfectly played in DosBox 0.72 if you use Soundblaster.
Or so they say at dosbox website

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter
Old 02-19-2008, 05:20 AM   #23

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Mine are:

Escape from Monkey Island because of the control system, same reason for which I hated Grim Fandango.

Legend of Kyrandia, for unknown reasons.

Sam & Max Hit the Road, because I hate psychotic rabbits and the humor that fulfilled the series.

Quest for Glory, because I don't like the idea to have to fight (or avoid) monsters, a.k.a. "syndrome of action-adventure's dislike"
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #24

I always wanted to try my hand at "Black Dahlia" but sadly i don't have the game.

Also , one of these days , i have to get the Japanese FMV game "The Fear" since i absolutely loved horror and i loved FMV games. Language barrier be damned , i love me some FMV horror especially with some cute japanese chicks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQP0n7j1RnQ
Old 02-20-2008, 05:04 AM   #25

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Played it through three or four times, but could never finish it because I was missing some item (the ticket from the Last Supper or something), even when I did have it, and was using a walkthrough.

I am also haunted by Gothic (1): after playing it for a looong time (man, RPG sure are time black-holes) some troll didn't show up where it should, so I couldn't continue it (probably because I was heavily cheating by that time).
Old 02-20-2008, 06:16 AM   #26
Just charging up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien View Post
It is such a marvelous game! If it's too expensive, why not buy an unboxed copy on ebay, play it and sell it again? The Neverhood is always in demand, no problem selling it.
Thank you for the advice but it's not the price that's really bothering me (though I would need a boxed copy and would never sell it).
It has more to do with my fear of ebay in general.
You see, once I will start using Ebay I know that I will buy all those games (among other things) that I cannot get otherwise.
This means that I will end up with even more games that I haven't got the time to play.
It's more a case of protecting myself from the obsessive collector that is myself.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:33 AM   #27

MI4 is probably the game that haunts me the most for not having finished it. I started over several times, but could never cope with the controls. I am old-fashioned in terms of Point-and-click adventure games, maybe that's why.

Also, QFG5: Dragon Fire. Me being a die-hard QFG-fan I should definitively get around to complete that game as well.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:41 AM   #28
Caffein Queen

Quote:
I always wanted to try my hand at "Black Dahlia" but sadly i don't have the game
I have the game and played in when I first got it many years ago
But today - Man, those 8 CD's is not exactly what I think of fun anymore, lol.

Now Playing: World Of Warcraft (US)
Recently Finished: Too many Casual games
Waiting for: Lost Horizon + Gray Matter