You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Cruise for a Corpse

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 01:25 AM   #1

Default Cruise for a Corpse

Anyone ever played this? Is it any good?

Old 06-30-2007, 01:49 AM   #2

It sucks.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 06-30-2007, 02:08 AM   #3
Lost monkey

I have a certain soft spot for it, even though they make it glaringly obvious 'whodunnit' at the end and because of the way the clock advances change everything in the game, its a little easy to get stuck because you have to re-explore everything each time
Old 06-30-2007, 03:07 AM   #4

I loved the game when I was young. I can certainly see its shortcomings today, but it's still a great game. I guess it depends on who you ask, just like everything else. Opinion of this game is split in half, one side loves it the other side hates it.

I'm like Jobabob, I have a soft spot for it... mostly because of the cheerful atmosphere.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:09 AM   #5
capsized.

Pretty cool visual style though... Ah, ye French (more precisely: Delphine Software)! Here's an Amiga longplay.

Last edited by samIamsad; 06-30-2007 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:42 AM   #6
Senior *female* member

I liked it at first, but not for long. When I got badly stuck, I consulted a walkthrough and discovered I was supposed to trigger a conversation between two people by walking past a window. But I'd already walked past that window several times! Turned out I should have approached the window from the other side...

That's when I stopped playing Cruise for a Corpse.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #7
Thats the ticket

The closest I got to liking any Frenchie games was Outcast, and that was developed in Belgium.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #8

Isn't infogrames a french company ? They did produce the alone in the dark series which is a good adventure horror game.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #9
Thats the ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
Isn't infogrames a french company ? They did produce the alone in the dark series which is a good adventure horror game.
Yes my bad Also forgot about the Little Big Adventure series

If you look up Mr Raynal in Wiki - On March 13, 2006, Frédérick Raynal along with Shigeru Miyamoto and Michel Ancel were knighted by the French Minister of Culture and Communication, Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres, as knights of arts and literature. It was the first time that video game developers were honored this distinction."

Thats nice to know.