You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Ghost in the Sheet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Ghost in the Sheet

After reading the preview, I got excited about this game. The only other mention of it was the news item three months ago.

Things that stand out are the unique main character, the free exploration you have of the environment (along with mentioned non-linearity) and the non-reliance on inventory.

Quote:
Ghost in the Sheet does not rely much on the use of the accumulation of objects. (Alas, a white sheet does not have the pockets necessary to do so.) However, the ghost does have the chance to learn a number of skills of the seasoned poltergeist in order to manipulate objects around him. Telekinesis and the ability to create sounds and light are some of the skills at his disposal to aid in his investigation (and strike fear into the hearts of mere mortals). These skills must first be "learned" as you progress through the factory by observing their paranormal use by unseen spirits.
I wonder if the learned skills relate to the little icons seen on the left hand side of the screenshots?

It sounds fun!

Edit: What significance does the ghost in the lower right have? I assume it's the main character but why is it there?

Last edited by Melanie68; 06-24-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:01 PM   #2

I think think this game will be loads of fun too, and I'm really looking forward to it. Being forced to use things like telekinesis and the ability to create sounds and light to solve problems requires a different kind of thinking. Very fresh and inovative

I think little icons seen on the left hand side do relate to the learned skill. Looks like each skill gets it own little icon. I think the one on the lower right might be a measure of your ghostly power. The more ghost power you use the more of that little ghost disapears.

I'm just guessing and it could simply be a health bar Can ghosts get hurt?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to qrious

Maybe the most inovative adventure i played in years. Unique style and atmosphere.

4/5 stars

Quote:
I'm just guessing and it could simply be a health bar
There is no health bar
Old 06-25-2007, 02:17 AM   #4

Looks like the game adds some RPG like elements to the adventure mix.

Have you played the game already Qrious and would I be right in assuming this?

Last edited by tomplaneswalker; 06-25-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomplaneswalker View Post
Looks like the game adds some RPG like elements to the adventure mix.

Have you played the game already Qrious and would I be right in assuming this?
There are no RPG elements in the game, you get some 'ghost' skills as the game progresses...

We have both finished it, the creator was kind enough to send us a beta copy at Adventure - Advocate, for review purposes

Trust me, the game is fantastic! I recommend it to anyone and it's going to get a very praising review, it really deserves it!

The Biggest Adventure Games Source In Greece
Old 06-25-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
Second Degree Black Belt

Ghost in the Sheet looks great, I can't wait. I love games like this.

“Pretty badass and tough and won't take crap from anyone” -Squinky
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #7

Hmmm, after reading the preview it sounds pretty interesting. I'll check out the reviews when the time comes.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #8
professional recluse

Today was the first I'd heard of it, but I am tentatively really excited. Themes of ghosts are nothing new in adventure games, but I can't think of one in which you actually are a ghost. The way they've thought through how that affects the gameplay sounds great. I think this is one I'll definitely be looking into if the reviews are anywhere near decent.
I like the way colors taste. Except I don't like crimsons... or turquoises... especially when they put their heads in their shells and won't play, and when you break their shells to let them out, they DIE...
Old 06-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #9
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Themes of ghosts are nothing new in adventure games, but I can't think of one in which you actually are a ghost.
I can.

But that is a veritable antique (1989 release) and this new one does sound interesting.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 11-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #10

Has anyone ever heard of this game? Details seem hard to come by. I only just heard about it when I saw it on the release list for this week. Looks like it was a small indie project that ended up getting bigger and bigger, now it even has full voice acting.

I'd like to learn more, but like I said, there's not much on it. At just $20, though, may be worth trying out just for kicks.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #11
Super Moderator

I merged your thread with the other one I started a while ago. I have a link to the hands-on preview we had in the first post.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I merged your thread with the other one I started a while ago. I have a link to the hands-on preview we had in the first post.
That's what I get for looking everywhere for info on the game EXCEPT for Adventuregamers.

--> myself

I'll never be able to mock other people for not using the search function again.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:12 PM   #13
Afterlife guest

Hi Monroeski,

we're indeed small team, but nonetheless, Ghost in the Sheet is ready for quite some time. In US the version ships this week, this week the Italian demo came out (and I hope that the English version of demo will soon follow, but it's not us who decide when and what gets out.

While waiting, you can check our webpage or register at our forums so we won't feel THAT alone there.

Kind regards,
Jan
Old 11-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Welcome to AG metamorphium! Glad you could stop by.

We have a link to the official website in the preview as well as on the game info page.

I really like the website! I have the sound up and the sound of the guy coughing caught me by surprise.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
Strategy Guide Author

Is there a review of this somewhere (or would someone who has played it like to share more details about it?) I saw it in the store today and it looked interesting but I didn't pick it up yet.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:25 PM   #16

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus
Default Demo

Nice demo, with good story, nice voice acting, cool scenarios but ugly drawings.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:22 AM   #17

Definitely one of the best adventure games of the year. Very clever black humor, great puzzles, fantastic atmosphere.

A must for all adventure game players.

The Biggest Adventure Games Source In Greece
Old 01-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #18
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phod View Post
Is there a review of this somewhere
There is now a review for Ghost in the Sheet on this very site.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 01-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #19

This game _did_ seem very appealing to me as well, except for one small flaw that I noticed during the cutscenes. Sure, it has interesting black & white drawings.. albeit a bit amateur, but one thing that game designers should understand as designers themselves is "what is and what isn't" a professional font, and not to use fonts such as "Comic Sans" in professional medium. There is a website http://bancomicsans.com/ about this for a reason.

Also another thing that turned me off was that it was quite obvious that the designer of these drawings, decided to type his text inside Photoshop (which tends to warp the text...) and in the case of GITS (...I'm guessing an obvious pun of Ghost in the Shell) each letter came out obviously warped.

Other than those errors, the graphics look pretty good for a really small development team, but little extras like mentioned really show a professional title, and I can't really see it with this product.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:22 AM   #20
Afterlife guest

dab3: this website didn't work for me at all. I've read the line "Every time you use Comic Sans, Faye will punch this adorable little bunny" which gives me strong urge to switch the whole windows to Comic Sans. But on the track, it's not the default comic sans font, it has been modified and besides this site doesn't exactly give you the reason why the font is bad apart from personal opinion of people running that site. It's similar as if I said: Ban Mozart, his music is trivial, repetitive and uninspiring. I could give you also reasons for that but will it be enough to stop Mozart's fans listening to his music? Although Mozart was clearly more professional than Comic Sans font, still it's not the reason why not to wear clown's costume on a black tie event (to paraphrase the site).

I'm glad if only things which turned you off were those two font issues. As there's not that much spoken cutscenes (4) in the whole game, it's pretty minor complain.

But seriously, thanks for the comment. We as a two-men team have only a little background in typography (mine limited to LaTex which I used when I was younger) and I'd appreciate knowing why Comic Sans is bad for comedy cutscenes. And by explanation I mean something which counts like "readibility" etc.