You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Can you use a control pad in Broken Sword 3?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
Dr Uberman

Default Can you use a control pad in Broken Sword 3?

Cheers.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:14 AM   #2

From the review:
I’m not even going to waste my virtual breath discussing whether the game is an adventure; if you don’t know that by now, you’re just not paying attention. There’s jumping and sneaking and climbing galore, but it’s all done in such a perfect adventure style that there is certainly no danger of the feared Tomb Raider comparisons. Direct character control, with excellent GamePad support (a must for any experienced console gamer) and full key-remapping ability, combine to provide a sense of interaction far superior to traditional point & click.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 11-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #3
Dr Uberman

Ah, I don't have the drivers for the gamepad installed. That's why it's not registering.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:28 AM   #4
Dr Uberman

Ok, I've installed my Gamepad but I still can't seem to use it in the game. How exactly do you activate gamepad controls in the game?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #5

wasting your time, the game doesn't support gamepads at all. This created alot of contraversy at the launch for it was released for pads on the xbox and ps2. Stupid really. It got so bad, I bought a ps2 version not long after getting it for the pc.

BS4 is supposed to be different though.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:26 PM   #6
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Huh? I played it all the way through on a PC using a gamepad!

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
Dr Uberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
Did you have to map gamepad controls during the game? Or could you just use gamepad controls from the get go?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey View Post
That's the first I've heard of it! I've seen this thread up 20 times and no-one has said different to that it doesn't work with pads full stop.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:53 AM   #9
Super Moderator

BS4 doesn't have any gamepad support. BS3 does.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #10
Dr Uberman

A lot of conflicting reports ITT.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #11
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
That's the first I've heard of it! I've seen this thread up 20 times and no-one has said different to that it doesn't work with pads full stop.
It wasn't even the first you heard of it in this thread. It's pretty clearly spelled out in post #2.

It may be that BS3 doesn't support ALL gamepads, but it absolutely does offer gamepad support.

Burge, did the game recognize yours yet? If not, make sure the gamepad is plugged in BEFORE launching the game. Then go into the control options panel and manually select the gamepad option. I don't recall the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it's set to keyboard by default, so it won't acknowledge your gamepad until you tell it to.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:34 AM   #12

Heh, I used a Rockfire USB adapter, to use my PS2 controller on the game. Worked great. The game has supported gamepads from day one.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:47 AM   #13
Dr Uberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
It wasn't even the first you heard of it in this thread. It's pretty clearly spelled out in post #2.

It may be that BS3 doesn't support ALL gamepads, but it absolutely does offer gamepad support.

Burge, did the game recognize yours yet? If not, make sure the gamepad is plugged in BEFORE launching the game. Then go into the control options panel and manually select the gamepad option. I don't recall the specifics, but I'm pretty sure it's set to keyboard by default, so it won't acknowledge your gamepad until you tell it to.
Yes, did that.

Thing is, I can't find anywhere which will let me select the gamepad. I'll try again next time I boot it up.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue View Post
Heh, I used a Rockfire USB adapter, to use my PS2 controller on the game. Worked great. The game has supported gamepads from day one.
Same, I used a usb adaptor, but with a PS1 controller. Worked great, huge improvement over the keyboard controls (I switched over around halfway thru the game). Can't remember having any troubles getting it set up either.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:03 PM   #15
Elegantly copy+pasted

If you can't get the joypad drivers to work, you can use JoyToKey to turn the control pad input into keypresses. Works great for games that don't support the controllers natively.

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key...%20Version.htm
Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 AM   #16
Dr Uberman

I figured it out. Thanks pals.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
No, I meant as in I've seen 20 different threads asking the same question *sigh*