You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
Codger

Default MOTOE Trailers

After seeing Jackal's notice, I downloaded the trailers. They look good. facial renderings are much better than they were in the previous game. There are some things I don't like, e.g., the twitchy "Popeye" arm of Poirot in the Antoinette/Poirot sequence. And if this is only the trailer, I'm afraid there might be more "ideosyncratic" issues with the game itself.

And I've got to say that if that was Suchet doing the voice of Poirot, I couldn't tell it was him. It could have been any other competent voice actor. Which, if it was him, makes the hoopla about landing Suchet a negative. Whatever they paid him to do the voice was money that could have been better spent
Old 10-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I don't believe that the American is american.. I don't like the voices (besides Poirot of course) and the conversations also seem strange. The character models are better though, but their arms look a bit strange. Backround and setting also look promising..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 10-27-2006, 09:58 PM   #3
Hopeful skeptic

Yeah, Poirot didn't sound at all like Suchet to me. It's possible it was a stand-in (maybe Suchet's lines aren't fully recorded yet; maybe they have to pay him extra for trailers?), but it's odd that they'd use something that doesn't emphasize one of the game's key selling points.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:06 PM   #4

HI

Slight spoiler: (so you've been warned...)

From the novel and the movie, I sort of remember that one of the points in this novel & movie is that no one actually is what they say they are. The counts are not counts, the English are not English, and nearly everyone is
lying for some reason, or imposting themselves to be more than they really are. (IRL)

Before the internet and such, Agatha Christie liked to look into people's minds and dissect them, and use her findings in her crime novels. She, if any, understood human psychology and that people do, in fact, lie etc. Maybe just to place themselves in a better light etc. etc.

There's one thing you'll always need to remember when reading Agatha Christie: "The owls are not what they seem" (to quote a certian Dale Cooper)

aries323

Last edited by aries323; 10-27-2006 at 11:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-28-2006, 01:02 AM   #5
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Yeah, Poirot didn't sound at all like Suchet to me. It's possible it was a stand-in (maybe Suchet's lines aren't fully recorded yet; maybe they have to pay him extra for trailers?), but it's odd that they'd use something that doesn't emphasize one of the game's key selling points.
Odd. It sounded like the post-2003 Suchet to me (I think his voice changes slightly for the most recent and considerably inferior two series, probably because he's got older), and I was watching some of his stuff the other day. I should probably have another listen to see if I still think that, though.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #6
Codger

Waiting for the developers to tell us whether the trailer is Suchet.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:27 AM   #7

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PMl9FfjapkI

?
Old 10-31-2006, 06:05 AM   #8
Hopeful skeptic

That's not the trailer we're talking about. That one is quite obviously Suchet.