You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday - Oct 20 2006

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2006, 03:02 AM   #1
Shady AGP

Send a message via AIM to Wreck
Default Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday - Oct 20 2006

Happy Friday Everyone
www.josephgoss.com
Old 10-20-2006, 03:23 AM   #2

I started playing it not long ago... Hope it's better than the first one, I really couldn't figure what it was so praised for (except for the graphics, which are really beautiful)...
Old 10-20-2006, 03:27 AM   #3

Didn´t get this far into this game, it was a big disappointment. Strange, Syberia was such a great game.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:31 AM   #4

Wierd that everyone dislikes Syberia II even when they liked first Syberia.
I liked Syberia II more, dont know why, but I did. Only bad thing for me was that Syberia II was shorter.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:53 AM   #5
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

I dislike them both

I found both Syberia games a tad boring and slow. Not much to examine in the game, kind of boring voice overs and I didn't really care for the characters...

The artwork and the music were really great but the gameplay, imho, was bad.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:57 AM   #6
Lazy Bee

Beautiful!
I've got Syberia II waiting on the shelf. (I just need to finish B.S II first.) And I'm looking forward to playing it!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:39 AM   #7
Artist

Send a message via AIM to TekXombie Send a message via MSN to TekXombie Send a message via Yahoo to TekXombie

You guys try out Paradise? For whatever reason, I just can't get into that game. I enjoyed Syberia too.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:04 AM   #8
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekXombie View Post
You guys try out Paradise? For whatever reason, I just can't get into that game. I enjoyed Syberia too.

Paradise is awful and I liked the Syberia games. I couldn't even finish Paradise and I finish most games even if they aren't the best ever.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #9
"But... It's Pink."

During Syberia, I was constantly thinking; "I can't wait to finish the game and find out what happens!"

During Syberia 2, I was constantly thinking; "I can't wait to finish the game and get this damned thing over with!"
Old 10-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #10
Game Creator Hobbyist

I've always found it odd when I hear people complain about how inferior Syberia 2 is to the first game. I see them as one thing. But now that I think about it as I'm typing this post I realize that that doesn't have to matter. It is after all possible to dislike the ending of any story. Still - in my mind, the games form a single whole. I mean, it's not you like could have one without the other.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:43 AM   #11
Master of time and space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
I've always found it odd when I hear people complain about how inferior Syberia 2 is to the first game. I see them as one thing. But now that I think about it as I'm typing this post I realize that that doesn't have to matter. It is after all possible to dislike the ending of any story. Still - in my mind, the games form a single whole. I mean, it's not you like could have one without the other.
++
Old 10-21-2006, 03:52 AM   #12
marsan

I love them both, even though I didn't really like them when I first started playing them. I guess they grew on me.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:14 AM   #13

The relation between Syberia and Syberia 2 is like searching your childday dreams of Santa Claus. As a metaphor about longing an reaching out towards an impossible dream it´s quite feasible and rewarding, if you leave it at that, but once in place in Rovaniemi, Finland, roaming the streets and actually meeting the man the whole thing becomes tedious and utterly pointless.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM   #14
"But... It's Pink."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist View Post
I tend to disagree slightly there... Whereas Syberia 2 would obviously be impossible without the first installment, I've always thought Syberia 1 worked rather well as a single story without an urgent need for continuation.
Even though the conclusion to the first game was never intended to be the 'official' ending, I feel it wraps up the plotline nicely and doesn't leave you in desperate need of a sequel to provide all the answers.

If you watch one of the countless movies which end with the hero and heroine setting off into the sunset, you get the feeling that everything is going to work out for them. In other words, there's no real need for an extra few hours of footage where you see them discuss travel arrangements and play a few rounds of scissors-paper-stone to pass the time until they get to their destination. It would take away all of the ambiguity and romanticism, which in my opinion is the case with Syberia.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:50 AM   #15
Artist

Send a message via AIM to TekXombie Send a message via MSN to TekXombie Send a message via Yahoo to TekXombie

Actually, you know, I look at my shelves of Adventure Games and even though I havent really played 2, I'd have to agree with you. Syberia does nicely wrap itself up as a game, indeed.