You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Ultimate Myst Collection

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #61

According to Amazon, my copy of the Ultimate Myst Collection (pre-ordered back in late October) hasn't been shipped yet. Which explains why it's not here yet. It'll end up being my main Christmas present now.

Either the launch has been seriously delayed, or supplies are running seriously short.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #62
Adventure Game Researcher

Riven is 5 CD's, and as I Posted a while ago, you can load all the files on your comp to avoid the disc switching. Exile is 2 I believe, iff faulty memory serves me. I will check tonight when I get home. Enjoy.

Game Research and History
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com
Game Patches and Aides
http://www.filefront.com/user/CrisGer
Patch and Fix Packs
Old 11-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davies View Post
According to Amazon, my copy of the Ultimate Myst Collection (pre-ordered back in late October) hasn't been shipped yet. Which explains why it's not here yet. It'll end up being my main Christmas present now.

Either the launch has been seriously delayed, or supplies are running seriously short.
I've seen the box in GAME. It's already been released. Amazon are just being a stubborn, unreliable pain as usual. I use amazon to buy items, but I never buy from THEM. Only other sellers. they're terrible to put it bluntly.

This is stupid, Riven still in 5 CDs. Absolutely stupid. I should've kept my Myst Trilogy, but I sold it a few days ago ready to buy the 5 disc set. I suppose I could buy it and sell my collectors edition Myst 4 and 5...
Old 11-29-2006, 05:39 PM   #64

I bought my one disc Riven DVD (so convenient) for less than $20 as part of the Myst 10th Anniversary DVD Edition package that also included Myst and Exile. What a deal!!

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 11-29-2006, 11:40 PM   #65
Master of time and space

Does the "DVD-version" of Riven have better graphics?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:23 AM   #66
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

I haven't seen the CD-ROM version, so I can't say for sure, but I really don't think so. But it's only seven years old, so the graphics aren't so bad.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:54 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdaG View Post
Does the "DVD-version" of Riven have better graphics?
It does. Better graphics in the cutscenes and higher quality sound are among the listed improvements of the DVD-version of Riven.

Actually, there are two different DVD-versions of Riven. One was released back in 1998 and the other was released a couple of years ago as part of the Myst 10th Anniversary collection. The latter was updated to fully support XP and to use the then latest version of Quick Time.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:44 AM   #68
marsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veovis View Post
It does. Better graphics in the cutscenes and higher quality sound are among the listed improvements of the DVD-version of Riven.

Actually, there are two different DVD-versions of Riven. One was released back in 1998 and the other was released a couple of years ago as part of the Myst 10th Anniversary collection. The latter was updated to fully support XP and to use the then latest version of Quick Time.
are you sure about that? sure, it uses a later version of Quicktime, that's true, but the graphics in the game looks to put it blunt -exactly the same. I just ran the CD version and the DVD version. I couldn't see a difference even if I got a magnifying glass to look at the graphics closely(my version is the one from 2003). About the so called XP fix. I had nil problems running neither the CD version or the DVD version in XP. Both runs like a charm. The only problem with the CD version is that you have to get the quicktime installation to skip the search for previous versions. If it searches, it will crash. But apart from that, everything runs just fine.

The sound sounds practically the same too. My Riven CD version is from 1997, so it should be the original. It came with the Myst - The Collection box. But just having to avoid all that disc swaping makes it worth while getting the DVD version, even though I don't agree with that there are any improvements between these versions(except from the updated quicktime version, which I figure you can find a way to update yourself with some technical skills and some installing and uninstalling of different quicktime versions.)

Old 01-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #69

myst 10th anniversary dvd edition pc games has 1 2 and 3 myst games. but it doesnt work on my computer. can someone help me ,so i can play these games. thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #70
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Stop now. It only gets worse. I played through it because I wanted to see how the series ended, but now I wish I hadn't wasted my time. Don't make my mistake.
I second that. Myst V was a BIG disappointment to many people.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilLives View Post
I bought my one disc Riven DVD (so convenient) for less than $20 as part of the Myst 10th Anniversary DVD Edition package that also included Myst and Exile. What a deal!!
I don't suppose you or anyone else has a link as to where I could get hold of this single disc DVD edition of Riven?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #72

I got mine over a year ago at Future Shop, I think. I haven't seen it on the shelves lately, but it is for sale on Amazon. The 10th Anniversary Edition also includes two other "Myst" games, each is on one disc.

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 01-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #73

Just a quick cheer from me. Have just heard from Amazon, and my Myst Collection should be in my hot little hands this Friday. Hooray!

Of course, now that the Christmas period is over, I don't have time to play any of it. But never mind. That's never stopped me before.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:39 AM   #74

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Didn't feel like starting a new thread, but just wanted to say that Real Myst is coming to GameTap:

Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 AM   #75
Super Moderator

That's pretty darn cool. RealMyst is a difficult game to find and if you do, it's expensive.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:16 AM   #76
marsan

I wish they had re-released it on a cd or dvd instead, so that those of us who can't or don't want to use gametap can play it too. Anyway, I'd hate to active my games and phone home everytime I decide to install or use the game or whatever...

I hope they will make the dvd/cd version of sam & max - the one that will be made available when the season is over, independent of activation. There's no guaranty that the activation pages and such will still be up and working, in for example 10 years. That means one have to crack it to play it if that happens. I'd hate for that dvd/cd to turn into an expensive table coaster.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:44 AM   #77
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I should really give myst a try... The collection is on sale at GAME for 10quid.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 01-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #78
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

It is? It was £14.99 when I looked, but at £10 I might consider it (despite not really getting the games that much).

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:29 AM   #79

Just to say, the box full of Myst arrived the day after I posted my previous post. And they knocked the price down to £16.99. God only knows when I'm going to find the time to play any of the games, though.

I'm going to have to buy a new CD binder now, because there's no room in my current games binder to store all those CDs...
Old 02-21-2007, 02:05 AM   #80

I love all Myst games. Well, truth is I was dissapointed by Myst V because it was easier, shorter and I prefer the prerendered graphics of previous games.
Anyway, I'm thinking of buying this collection but am a bit confused by what I've read. Which games exactly are in CD version and which in DVD? Are some sort of extras included in the box or DVDs?