You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Any of these worth playing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 02:38 PM   #21
Infamous Adventurer

Send a message via AIM to Kurdt Send a message via MSN to Kurdt

You liked Riddle of the Sphinx? Man, I hated that game more than anything. Not only was it in the Myst style (which is excusible, I like Myst), the character that summons you their looks and sounds exactly like someone doing a bad impersonation of Atrus. I heard that and I was like, "sweet god, why oh why did I buy this game???" I played for a bit after that, but I wasn't interested at all.

I got Mystery of the Druids, but the visuals and dialogue turned me off the game within the first 5 minutes. It just looked crappy. Tomb of the Pharoh I enjoyed as well as that Frankenstein game that comes with it. They were both good Myst-ish clones if you ask me. Plus, Tim Curry plays Dr. Frankenstein in the game, which is always awesome. The Crystal Key I got for Christmas a long time ago, but my computer at the time was inadequate in running it, so I never got that far into it since every step I took was about 15 minutes long. Now that I've got a better computer, I still haven't revisited it, yet. The rest I've never played. Schism always looked interesting, but I'm not into Myst-ish games anymore. I yearn for the 3rd-person adventure that reminds me of the old days.