You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #1

Default Victi Again

http://www.gamershell.com/news/32564.html

I'm posting to this to see what the community thinks Let's hear it

Timbo
Old 09-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
capsized.

Truth be told..... I don't really get it. Pretty, dare I say, avantgardish looking game.

Ah, now I see:

Quote:
Victi works on other mechanics than « effort and reward », it mostly seeks to plunge the player in confusion.
Confusion intended. I don't see the catch here. Even the info available on the official site is clouded in shrouds of mystery...

Quote:
All my heroic deeds were but an offering to cowards. Those thousand warrior slaves sacrificed under the same flag would have just contributed to give more importance to a caste dedicated to command a decadent people. Bitterness has invaded my mouth, a deadly venom rushes through my veins, confidently drank in a cup offered by traitors. I will no long feel the warmth of defeated blood on my battle-pained body. My last enemy was my own kin.
The ultimate attack against evil may not happen, our deceased One knew it, I will never know…
Errr.. what!?

Last edited by samIamsad; 09-04-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:39 AM   #3
Dungeon Master

I love the graphics, always have been a sucker for graphics-which-don't-look-like-anything-else. But I'm not going to shell out 20 euro for a game the website of which fails to reveal anything concrete about the story or gameplay, and from an unknown developer at that. Heck, maybe I am just a lazy reader, but I had to check out their forums to even find out that the game is a point'n'click adventure (which, from a marketing point of view, may be a good information to hide , but still).

Thankfully, the demo is on the way (again, I only learnt it from their forum rather than website ), so we shall see.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:47 AM   #4
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Heck, maybe I am just a lazy reader, but I had to check out their forums to even find out that the game is a point'n'click adventure (which, from a marketing point of view, may be a good information to hide , but still).

Hopefully the demo will get the point of the game across nicely. (If there is any, that is ). The game looks sorta intriguing, ..... that's still all I know. If you think about it, most adventure game demos aren't all that hot. I'm thinking Black Mirror (that demo was HORRIBLE), Nibiru,... and so on here. Ok, these weren't the hottest games on the block anyway, but still. Adventure game demos are almost like tech demos, showing the hardcore fanbase that the game:

* is a Pee N Cee game
* is nicely rendered
* has a heck of a lot of puzzles
* features voiceovers that aren't outright horrible.
* it's an adventure game™, dammit!

So BUY THIS!

"But why?" you may ask.

I don't know either.

And then there's stuff like the Bone demo, which was really, really cute, but didn't tell you in any way what the heck that whole Bone thing is about in the first place. Or why it's considered to be that hot a story by its billions or so fans. Adventure game demos are often sorta like watching a previously unreleased trailer of "Independence Day" which consists of nothing but a sexy close up of Jeff Goldblum picking his nose followed by a scene showing the White House blowing up. The special effects and some characters are all there, but you're left wondering... Thinking....

"WHY?"

OT rant, I know. Generalization too. I'm sure there are a heck of a lot of game demos out there that aren't much better across all boards. On the plus side, the Fahrenheit demo was spot on. And the Tunguska demo seems to be very nice as well.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:24 AM   #5
Grah! Grah!

Intriguing. Could be incredibly pretentious or incredibly good. I will play the demo.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:28 AM   #6
gin soaked boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
And then there's stuff like the Bone demo, which was really, really cute, but didn't tell you in any way what the heck that whole Bone thing is about in the first place. Or why it's considered to be that hot a story by its billions or so fans. Adventure game demos are often sorta like watching a previously unreleased trailer of "Independence Day" which consists of nothing but a sexy close up of Jeff Goldblum picking his nose followed by a scene showing the White House blowing up. The special effects and some characters are all there, but you're left wondering... Thinking....
Exactly! I hate when demos are just random game slices, except for those games where story doesn't matter at all. My favorite kind of demo is a self-contained mini-story with original content, showcasing the full game without really being a part of it. Half-Life: Uplink is the perfect example and I believe Warcraft 2 had something similar.

Anyway, Victi looks great, but I really hope it has some reasonable point.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:30 AM   #7

Looks like the movie Renaissance

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386741/
Old 09-05-2006, 06:46 AM   #8
Hopeful skeptic

Anyone else try the trailer? All I'm getting is audio. Which, of course, plunges me into confusion.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:10 AM   #9
Has a jaw of sweet teeth

it works for me... have you tryed to download it here??
Old 09-05-2006, 07:13 AM   #10
Hopeful skeptic

Nope, I got it from GamersHell. Thanks for the link. I'll give that a try.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #11

http://www.gamershell.com/download_15498.shtml

DEMO =O

Timbo
Old 09-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #12

Playing that was even weirder than playing pathologic.