You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

View Poll Results: What to you is a puzzle in an AG?
Mazes, sliders, math related, decoding, mechanical, jigsaws, logic and the like 37 59.68%
Using an inventory item 45 72.58%
Dialogue 28 45.16%
Other (specify please) 10 16.13%
None of the above 1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 04:41 AM   #61
Headbanger

I think games should try and vary their gameplay so the ultimate thing according to me is to have all the above and more.

Then it's also like it's with everything, some inventory-based puzzles are good while some are bad, the same goes for mazes and whatever. It's not the type of puzzle that determines if it's good or not. But I believe that I have seen more inventory-based puzzles that are fun compared to the rest.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:50 AM   #62
Ronin

Personally, I think it's a bad plan for a single adventure game to try to offer everything for every type of player. If you aim for everything, you'll hit nothing. I like the games that focus on one or two finer features of the genre and develop them to near perfection. RHEM is an example of a game that offers little more than logic puzzles and exploration. It's definitely not for everyone, but it hits the mark admirably.

Another good example is Day of the Tentacle, which offers little more than cartoon comedy and inventory puzzles. Again, it makes no attempt to satisfy every gamer on Earth, just those who enjoy light, silly fun and tons of objects to haul around.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:16 AM   #63
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

For me, puzzles in Adventure games has always consisted of inventory puzzles, or those puzzles I like the most..