You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
poohead face eater

Default Orion Burger

Het im new, my name is michael and iv just strated uni and suddenly have time for adventure games again because most of high school i was worrying about pimples and then yr 12 was just a ball breaker so now im like hey i wanna play those games thati used to love again. Anyway i really like the old sierra classics, first game i played was police quest on my friends comp then i got ecoquest on my comp, i thought it was the best thing since siced bread. then i got Orion Burger man i love this game has anyone played it before? Its lucas arts but iv never heard it reviewed or mentioned so im kinda wondering why,also Secret Mission is a pretty good game which is hard to find a review on, i wonder if anyone has heard of it here and can relate to it. Iv also got starship titanic and obsidian which were very frustrating and not overly rewarding so yeah. Any comments?
Old 05-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

I've never heard of Orion Burger until now. It does look nice, though. And actually, it's published by Eidos, not LucasArts. I don't know of any reviews for it.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

I havent herd of it either. I have been playing adv games 4 a long time now and never came across it. It seems like game from mid 1990s.

Last edited by AFGNCAAP; 05-19-2006 at 03:06 AM. Reason: image rehosted
Old 05-19-2006, 12:25 AM   #4
poohead face eater

yeah sorry, eidos, i realised that after i posted. Yeah its a pretty awesome game in that its really 'classic' adventure, its fairly long too.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:55 AM   #5
gin soaked boy

I played the demo back in the day, it seemed fine. Nothing special, though, didn't bother to get the full version.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:02 AM   #6
Living with my love

Send a message via MSN to Tobbe

Haven´t played it, but I do know that it´s worth alot of money, prices on ebay for the game has been ridicilous high!
Old 05-19-2006, 02:06 AM   #7
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

I've played the demo ages ago, looked nice, but puzzle difficulty seemed quite high. Don't believe I even finished the demo part.

I wanted to get a hold of this game later, but it seems to be quite rare and usually goes for quite large sums on eBay.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:27 AM   #8
capsized.

It's been years now, but I remember it being quite frustrating at times. Still, the game has a quite cool concept when it comes to its puzzles. A rare thing, sadly (think time travel and DOTT, but... with a different twist to it).
Old 05-19-2006, 02:45 AM   #9
Dungeon Master

Definitely an above-average game, but not really worth the prices it goes for. A "classic" adventure in the best sense of the word, but if you hate timed elements, beware: the game is basically one big timed puzzle. This is justified by the premise - reminiscent of the film Groundhog Day - and the time loop your character is stuck in is actually pretty nicely implemented: once you complete a series of logically connected tasks, next time(s) it will be completed automatically. Still, some repetition is necessary, hence the warning.

I remember being annoyed by some voice actors, though, especially the main character's, and not loving the last act, which was pretty unimaginative series of fetch puzzles compared to the (cool, as samiamsad rightly said) rest of the game.

Oh, and I don't agree it's difficult, typical LucasArts type of logic, not harder than other Monkey Island clones, and quite possibly less unfair than most of them.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:49 AM   #10
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Oh, and I don't agree it's difficult
It may be so, but that's how I remember it
That's the reason I looked for it much later on... to re-evaluate the whole thing.... until I saw the prices, that is
Old 05-19-2006, 03:02 AM   #11
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
It may be so, but that's how I remember it
I understand. I think your impression could have been at least partially influenced by it being the demo. It's the type of game you can be stuck in for quite a time, until you start seeing the bigger picture. It must have been hard to extract a proper demo out of this.

Then again, my memory isn't perfect, either.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:41 AM   #12

I have a mint copy of Orion Burger in my adventureous collection of games. How much is it worth again? If I had known this earlier I would've bought all of them from my local gamestore. They sold three for under ten pounds. They had somewhere between 10 and 15 copies.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Definitely an above-average game, but not really worth the prices it goes for. A "classic" adventure in the best sense of the word, but if you hate timed elements, beware: the game is basically one big timed puzzle. [...]Still, some repetition is necessary, hence the warning.
You can say that again! Lots of things to click on, but when you're happily exploring some kitchen or basement of whatever, guess what... evil Scotty beams you up. Start all over again, go someplace else, and after 15 minutes, guess what...

Old 05-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #14
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
I have a mint copy of Orion Burger in my adventureous collection of games. How much is it worth again? If I had known this earlier I would've bought all of them from my local gamestore. They sold three for under ten pounds. They had somewhere between 10 and 15 copies.
A mint boxed English copy doesn't fetch as much on ebay as it used to, not by a long shot. But it's still rare.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #15

If it wasnt cartoonish and funny it would be a piece of crap. Bad puzzles and bad story masked by beautiful eye candy. It's worth a go if you can get a hold of a copy.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #16
poohead face eater

if anyone wants my copy i could sell it to em', but i live in Australia. Isnt it available to download somewhere? not that i would do that...
Old 05-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #17
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard
If it wasnt cartoonish and funny it would be a piece of crap. Bad puzzles and bad story masked by beautiful eye candy.
A piece of crap...? I don't agree. I liked most puzzles. Orion Burger would have been a decent adventure if they'd left out the timed aspect. Above average even, just like AFGNCAAP and others said.

Imo, imo, imo.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpopp
if anyone wants my copy i could sell it to em', but i live in Australia. Isnt it available to download somewhere? not that i would do that...
Original box?
Old 05-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienepien
A piece of crap...? I don't agree. I liked most puzzles. Orion Burger would have been a decent adventure if they'd left out the timed aspect. Above average even, just like AFGNCAAP and others said.

Imo, imo, imo.
I may have been a bit harsh on the puzzles. I sometime consider average as bad because they dont do anything to seperate themselves. You have to agree about the story though. Lovely game outside of those.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #20
capsized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard
I may have been a bit harsh on the puzzles. I sometime consider average as bad because they dont do anything to seperate themselves.
Which is exactly what the folks behind "Orion Burger" did. Instead of cramming every trite, clichèd piece of *beep* inventory/objecta/adventure(doh..) puzzle together, they *did* something interesting... at least in the "puzzle" (yuck, yuck) department.

Alas, there's still the possibilty that my memory is playing tricks on me. Now, I don't feel like defending the game, because the simple fact that I don't remember that much of it seems to be a pretty good indicicator that it wasn't all that special. Well, to me at least.

(nice avatar!)