You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What happened to Metronome?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 12:13 AM   #1
hello

Default What happened to Metronome?

Anyone?

Havent seen anything about this game since last years e3. Looked so promising...
Old 04-18-2006, 12:50 AM   #2
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

It may come up at 3E this year, who knows. But I'm sure its still active in development.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 04-18-2006, 12:53 AM   #3
gin soaked boy

Nothing happened. Literally. We're waiting for any news, hope E3 brings some.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:33 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilva
But I'm sure its still active in development.
Why? They weren't even active in development last year. They were trying to get funding, which apparently didn't happen.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:38 AM   #5
Crazy

It would be a real shame if it fell through. I really did look cool.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #6
is not wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Why? They weren't even active in development last year. They were trying to get funding, which apparently didn't happen.
Are you sure? There's already a trailer and in-game footage, I thought. It's at least more than simply an idea in someone's head at this point, anyway.

It's one of the games I'm looking forward to hearing more about (pretty sweet premise anyway) so I'd be very disappointed if the whole thing ended up falling through.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
In an evening of July...

The trailer is about ten seconds short, and it looks prerendered. So do all the screenshots.. but they still are gorgeous. This could have been the next American-McGee's-Alice-style game I have been waiting for years.
The official site doesn't disclose anything we didn't know after the E3 '05, and it really looks like it has been buried for now.

Oh, and allow me to introduce myself. Kuze. I'm new. I like cheese, as well as TLJ. Actually I like cheese better, there is more of it. Yes.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #8
is not wierd

Welcome to the AG boards. Just remember that not all of us are that bad.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:54 PM   #9
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

The screenshots and trailer were *not* pre-rendered, the game is realtime 3D and so are all the crazy art assets they put up on their site. The Metronome guys had a small room off on the edge of E3 and were giving a proof of concept live demo to press and prospective publishers. Again - it was a proof of concept test consisting of a few city blocks and some sample puzzles - not a "beta" or something of the real game. It looked gorgeous and inventive though. I hope they get picked up.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 04-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #10
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
Are you sure? There's already a trailer and in-game footage, I thought. It's at least more than simply an idea in someone's head at this point, anyway.
What Jake said. What we saw at E3 last year was not in-game footage, it was a proof of concept demo. They were showing it in the hopes of attracting funding to make a game, and they made it very clear that the demo did not represent actual gameplay.

I feel kind of bad for them... they got a lot of press attention at E3, when what they were actually looking for was publisher attention.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:41 PM   #11
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiwak
Welcome to the AG boards. Just remember that not all of us are that bad.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
The screenshots and trailer were *not* pre-rendered, the game is realtime 3D and so are all the crazy art assets they put up on their site.
This is the screenshot that made me doubt its realtime..ness. One just doesn't see ingame focus blur often, and it does look pretty much like it in the right corner. Or maybe I'm just blind and confusing it with HDR.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:42 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

I consider Metronome to be in the same state as Vampyre Story, if not much worse.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:55 PM   #13
is not wierd

I've got a mission to finance this game and about a hundred bucks in my pocket. Who's with me?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #14
hello

Doesnt sound very promising then... thats a shame, it really looked like a unique concept.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:03 PM   #15
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze
This is the screenshot that made me doubt its realtime..ness. One just doesn't see ingame focus blur often, and it does look pretty much like it in the right corner. Or maybe I'm just blind and confusing it with HDR.
That scene was in fact presented with crazy blur and lighting in the demo at E3. Lots of recent Ubisoft games include limited degrees of focus blur, and you can also see it at work in the recent engine demonstration video for Crysis - the new game from the guys who made Far Cry.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 04-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #16
Homer of Kittens

There is no place in this day and age for a game like Metronome sadly.

Firefox rules
Old 04-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #17
The Dartmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
There is no place in this day and age for a game like Metronome sadly.
In my heart.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Yeah I would expect it to flop. It will never reach more than cult classic status (if it ever gets released).
Old 04-18-2006, 06:07 PM   #19

http://www.tarsier.se/metronome/movi...easer_divx.avi

Wow! If that teaser is any indication of the art and music we can except in Metronome, I'm totally ready for it!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #20
OB

Quote:
I consider Metronome to be in the same state as Vampyre Story, if not much worse.
Given they just started the techology demo, that's a good thing. AVS has a forum with all kinds of info., and this demo info. was released the other day. For some reason, only Adventure Europe(the forum hosts) is the only adventure site that is covering this game. No one else is even picking up any of the info that they release or that the project leader posts on that forum. If he posts it..I'd consider it newsworthy.

The 20-minute Metronome presentation that is floating around may not represent the actual game as it will turn out, but they were still playing it and it was all in realtime. The graphics, while nice and stylized, are lightyears behind current top of the line standards. That style is what sets it apart, though. That screenshot that was posted above(the one that made whoever posted doubt it was realtime) is nothing special and easily pulled off in realtime(given it is).