You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #21
Dungeon Master

Hm... That's pretty interesting because a couple of months ago Ragnar has posted some tidbits about the game on his own blog, and was apparently asked to remove them by Dreamfall PR people.

And forgot to add in the previous posts: great preview!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #22
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Yeah, I think that is intentional. Ragnar seems pretty disappointed actually that a lot of press have been revealing more than he requested they reveal. I think part of it is that his publisher also wants to keep new previews coming out by having new stuff to show. He really wants as much as possible to remain a secret to players, though, so I honored that. That aspect of the game should be pretty cool for players who haven't read tons of spoilers.
Why do you think I declared a "gamer's blackout"?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 03-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #23
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Hm... That's pretty interesting because a couple of months ago Ragnar has posted some tidbits about the game on his own blog, and was apparently asked to remove them by Dreamfall PR people.

And forgot to add in the previous posts: great preview!
Haha, oh the irony. If it was a couple months ago it may have been that the PR people were trying to schedule information release as a ramp up to the game's ship date.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 03-17-2006, 06:32 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Yeah, they were Ragnar's christmas/new year treats. Taken down in next to no time, and then the PR people used that very same info on the Dreamfall website several weeks later.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #25
fire breathing

the PR people at Funcom don't know sh**t.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #26
Aj_
Beyond Belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Those were mainly back stories to the world, and general infomation, not spoilers in regards to Dreamfall.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #27

Hm, that was an interesting preview. I admit that I haven't been reading much on Dreamfall as I'm trying not to spoil the story, I'm glad that preview didn't. In fact, it was an intriguing read. One thing that surprises me though is that I'd seen Stark referred to as post-collapse. And yet, it appears there are still three realms. After ...

Spoiler:
Gram'ma April stated at the end of the Longest Journey that the Balance would collapse, I had this feeling that the dream realm would be the first to go down the proverbial poop chute.

It intrigues me that the latter mentioned realm isn't actually mentioned in the preview, only Stark, Arcadia and Winter. I admit, this leaves me confused. Considering the title of the game (Dreamfall), one would think that ...

Spoiler:
The Balance would finally fall, resulting in the glorious chaos as Stark and Arcadia merge back together into one entity, leaving one realm that's a strange combination of both, including perhaps broken aspects of the dream realm.

However, reading the preview I'm worried that that might not happen and if said realm doesn't suffer the aforementioned fate, I will wave a fist angrily at Ragnar before weeping openly, I will!

Though I suspect that it will.

Damn, I hope it will.

No need to spoil the story of the upcoming game but a simple, "Oh, that'll happen." might set my mind at ease. :p