You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Overclocked gets worldwide publisher

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #1
LGH

Default Overclocked gets worldwide publisher

Anaconda games (www.anaconda-games.com) announced today that they will publish Overclocked, the new adventure from House of Tales (The Moment of Silence) worldwide.

After Tony Tough 2 and Belief and Betrayal, this is the 3rd international game announcement from Anaconda/dtp, who has already published MANY adventures in Germany (Runaway, The Moment of Silence, Tony Tough, Black Mirror, The Longest Journey SE, Nibiru, The Westerner...). Anaconda will also publish the German versions of Dreamfall, Paradise and Reprobates.

(The information about Overclocked is not yet on their homepage, but they have sent out a press announcement today.)

cu,
LGH

www.adventure-treff.de
Old 03-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

Woo! Everyone loves dtp!

I'm so happy to see them moving into the international space. I've been jealous of German gamers for years.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #3

I`m looking forward to Overclocked. House of Tales is a very promising developer. The Moment of Silence, while flawed, was IMO a great game.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:31 PM   #4
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

When they say "worldwide", does that include the United States?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
Hopeful skeptic

So long as the US remains part of the world, then yes.

Since it's hard for a publisher to do much from overseas, what that means is that dtp will probably partner with a North American publisher for local distribution.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #6
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

"Probably" is no guarantee. Boo...
Old 03-11-2006, 06:39 AM   #7
Hopeful skeptic

Technically there are no guarantees, true, but what I meant is that that's "probably" the route they'll go for actual distribution. They could do it themselves, but it's difficult to administrate from that far away. But I think it's pretty safe to say dtp wouldn't have signed a worldwide agreement unless they had every intention of bringing it to English-speaking market(s). (And yes, by "English speaking" I include the US. )
Old 03-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #8

Quote:
But I think it's pretty safe to say dtp wouldn't have signed a worldwide agreement unless they had every intention of bringing it to English-speaking market(s).

A mega-corporation such as HoT managed to sublicense MOS to nearly every country approved by the United Nations (well, ok, so maybe nearly could use some italics ), with versions localised for eight different languages.

I'm pretty sure dtp will outperform us there. That's why I'm confident that even those of you who live in a country with UN approval problems, can be optimistic this time around.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #9
Hopeful skeptic

I've always felt Sealand was a woefully untapped market. Those five sales alone could revitalize the industry. (Assuming they all buy one.)
Old 03-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #10
dtp/ANACONDA official

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Woo! Everyone loves dtp!

I'm so happy to see them moving into the international space. I've been jealous of German gamers for years.
Thank you, thank you. I'm sure that we won't disappoint our international customers (includig the people of Sealand )
Old 03-13-2006, 07:47 AM   #11
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to the forum, Olli. Nice to have you with us.