You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Anyone think we're going to get more Indigo Prophecy movie themed games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
Adventure Lover

Send a message via AIM to Boneho Chane
Default Anyone think we're going to get more Indigo Prophecy movie themed games?

From everything I've seen of the game so far, it begins with one of the most innovated ideas ever in a videogame. Hundreds of unique camera angles, letterbox format, the perfectly timed music, suspense filled scenes, quality voiceacting, and a well presented story. It begins perfectly as if you were actually watching a box-office movie hit.

Now from what I've HEARD, from my friend and countless online sources, in the last half of the game it looses everything it had going for it and becomes a lousy matrix rip-off. Especially with the AI themes and such.

So obviously Indigo Propehcy tripped over itself. However, judging from the beginning of the game, this game offers a insane gameplay engine that would be perfect for numberous titles to come. We could have videogames that could belong on our same shelves of our movies. This could be the introduction of hollywood moving into the videogame industry. (That could be a good or a bad thing .)

What I'm trying to say, IP's premise offers a lot, and whether developers are going to step up to the plate and make something of it is still unclear. Which brings me to the question of the day, who thinks it will happen? Will Indigo Prophecy start a revolution in the game industry of next year, or will be gone and forgetten about?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
Psychonaut

Whether or not other developers pick up the baton we will have to just wait and see.

Quadratic have been on the record as saying they will use the same technology on another game.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:15 PM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

David Cage has talked about wanting to do more "interactive drama" in the future.

I personally hope that whatever they do, it's not an Indigo Prophecy sequel. With the way that game ended, I have absolutely no desire to play a second game. I'd love to play another game of the same type that stayed as good in the last 1/3 of the game as this one was in the first 2/3, though.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
David Cage has talked about wanting to do more "interactive drama" in the future.

I personally hope that whatever they do, it's not an Indigo Prophecy sequel. With the way that game ended, I have absolutely no desire to play a second game. I'd love to play another game of the same type that stayed as good in the last 1/3 of the game as this one was in the first 2/3, though.
I wouldnt mind a Faranheit sequel, I quite liked the ending. Although id rather have an original title before the make another IP/F game
Old 01-01-2006, 01:45 AM   #5
capsized.

I'd like them to make a romantic comedy a la Breakfast at Tiffany's. (Either that, or a fully interactive version of The Big Lebowski in which you are able to pick the character you want to play at the start of the game. Walter? Jesus? Jacky? Flea? Or..... Karl Hungus? It's all up to you! )

Last edited by samIamsad; 01-01-2006 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:57 AM   #6
kamikaze hummingbirds

He should do that game out of The Simpsons 'Dinner With Andre', your decisions can include:

WINE OR MINERAL WATER
STARTERS OR STRAIGHT TO MAIN COURSE
A CONVERSATION ABOUT FINE CHEESES OR A CONVERSATION ABOUT THE CORRUPTION OF GOVERNMENT

YOUR CHOICES EFFECT
YOUR GAME!!
Old 01-01-2006, 02:06 AM   #7

Well, I'm all for more 'interactive drama', as long as it means more of what was good in Fahrenheit (and not just more Simon sequences). But I'm getting fed up with conspiracy theories, secret factions, etc., so I hope we'll get something different next time.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 01-01-2006, 02:57 AM   #8
capsized.

Indeed. And if they'd be really clever, they'd release some sort of "Make Your Own Game" thing + add-on packs with new movie props, character models etc. twice a year. But I bet somebody at EA is working on this already.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
Well, I'm all for more 'interactive drama', as long as it means more of what was good in Fahrenheit (and not just more Simon sequences). But I'm getting fed up with conspiracy theories, secret factions, etc., so I hope we'll get something different next time.
I believe the overall zeitgeist is to blaim for that.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #10
Super Moderator

I think they should base a game at an airport. After flying out of O'Hare today(1st) and having to go down 1 level on an elevator and up 2 levels on an escalator to check in then down and up again to get to my gate - there has to be a game in there somewhere.

You could combine the airport AND romance by needing to find your sweetheart at the airport while dodging people wheeling their luggage, the airport trams that run through the place, delays, etc, etc....
Old 01-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #11
merely human

Don't forget the security check in this age of terrorism.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #12
capsized.

*blows up the forum*
Old 01-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #13
Jumping peanut on a stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
Exactly!
As fov said, the last half ruined everything, so i'm not sure whether i'd even play a direct sequel to Fahrenheit.. probably not.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneho Chane
this game offers a insane gameplay engine that would be perfect for numberous titles to come
Hm. No.
The story-telling (not the story itself, mind you) is great, the gameplay is lousy. Well, the two third of it are. The rest is interesting.

So I don't believe in a revolution, yet.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:09 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to Deckards

What do you guys think about the action sequences of the game? I think they are a bit awkard because they broke the climate of the game.
For example, the flashback scene was a great idea but the MGS sequence broke the 'feeling of the flashback'.
QD did a good work on trying to merge storytelling and action but there is still a lot to do to make it better.
I think the Revolution controller would have made the action sequences far more enjoyable.
Regarding the future of 'interactive drama'... here come all the next-gen consoles and I don't think it's gonna help the growing of that kind of game in a near future
Old 01-03-2006, 10:18 AM   #16
Fulci lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
Quadratic have been on the record as saying they will use the same technology on another game.
That sounds good.
Just don´t fill the game with "Simon says" bits.
There we´re way to many of those in Farenheit.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #17
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckards
What do you guys think about the action sequences of the game? I think they are a bit awkard because they broke the climate of the game.
For example, the flashback scene was a great idea but the MGS sequence broke the 'feeling of the flashback'.
Some of the action sequences were cool (I liked the one in the church) but overall I preferred the dramatic interactive scenes better. My favorite was the one in Lucas's apartment when Tiffany comes over. There's stuff for the player to do that makes sense for the story (didn't feel contrived) and you learn something about the characters and their world in the process. No need for jumping and dodging.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:15 AM   #18

Personally, the Simon says sequences ALMOST ruined the entire game for me. I found it very hard to understand why a game that was so polished would choose for their predominant gameplay mechanic a method that actually made it difficult to see what were apparently (I'm not positive on this, because all I saw during these sections were little colored arrows) fantastically choreographed action sequences.

And the words 'mason' 'templar' and 'secret government conspiracy' should be permanently banned from adventure game lingo. IMHO.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:41 PM   #19
Fulci lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Some of the action sequences were cool (I liked the one in the church) but overall I preferred the dramatic interactive scenes better. My favorite was the one in Lucas's apartment when Tiffany comes over.
In that scene you had to do everything right or you didn´t get to have sex with her.
It took me many tries to succeed, i desperately wanted to see the infamous sex scene.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Either that, or a fully interactive version of The Big Lebowski in which you are able to pick the character you want to play at the start of the game. Walter? Jesus? Jacky? Flea? Or..... Karl Hungus? It's all up to you!
Oh wow, now that is an idea and a half! I'd so have to play as Donny, just so I could say "I am the walrus" until Walter decked me in...