You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Law & Order: Criminal Intent comment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #21

So, Law & Order: CI is not worth buying? Is it really that bad? I mean, the previous Law & Order games were pretty well done, albeit with some bugs...
Old 10-31-2005, 08:45 AM   #22

Most of the games problems could be addressed with a patch. Once a patch is released, assuming one ever is, I would then say its worth paying a few bucks for. It would be a pretty interesting game overall if it weren't for the bugs, and probably one of the better L&O titles. But its really hard to recommend until the bugs are addressed.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:20 PM   #23
Wanderer

Amen to a lot of what everyone's said about this game. I'm not sure how many times I had to save, quit, and restart because each load was taking at least five minutes or more. Ooff, I can't believe I actually had the patience to finish this game. I'm pretty proud of myself there, and speak of the devil...

This has to be one of the best endings I've ever witnessed for a game!
I just cannot believe how in depth and well wrapped up the game was in it's final cutscene. If only more and more games would follow in the footsteps of Criminal Intent and their masterful conclusion to a wonderfully bug free game without any errors or problems whatsoever!!!
Ok, sorry, I need to retreat to the bathroom to wipe my mouth with some T.P. Methinks somewhere, someone, was feeding us a lot of crap.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardician
Of course, the real problem is with all the bugs. I never played the demo but I guarantee they are still in the final app. I've talked with many others who've played the final game and say the same thing. Only apparently many others are also receive total grame crashes. At least that hasn't happened to me.
It's happened to me numerous times and of course the first time I was very stupid and hadn't saved my game. I had played through a good chunk of the game without saving and then - CRASH. Had to start over. I've also encountered the other bugs you've described, plus a few more. You can be sure that I will mention that in my review, which will likely be posted soon. (granted that I can actually get through the game. )
Old 11-16-2005, 11:43 PM   #25

Default Lisa Stokes... buggy

Yeah... this is, by far, the buggiest game that I have ever come across! And no patch yet! I was told that you can finish the Lisa Stokes case without picking up the piece of paper by the bed (which causes the game to crash if you look at it) but i can't figure out how!

In the walkthru on the Legacy site, it tells me to talk to the bartender... I can't see the bartender in the lounge...

It also says to talk to the concierge (Xavier) in the lobby... no one is standing at the concierge desk...

If anybody has an idea on what is going on or has a save file just past the point that the pieces of the torn paper are put together, please please please let me know!

So far this game is CRAP!

I will go through the bugs just to play the game because I'll be damned before I tell anyone that I wasted $30 on a game that I couldn't finish

Thanks for any help!

P.S Did anyone else (that has played the game) notice that the picture of Lisa Stokes and her mom (in her bedroom at the apartment) is the bitchy tennis player from L&O: Justice Is Served?