You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Nibiru ending *spoilers*

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2005, 06:09 PM   #1

Default Nibiru ending *spoilers*

I didn't quite get it. The bad guy does something to the machine, melts, the alien inside dissipates, and then Martin puts a ball that came from the machine on his uncle's grave. What was that all about? Were there explanations earlier that I might have overlooked? If there aren't any, then I think the ending is very disappointing. I don't see the point of it all.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:50 PM   #2
Roman5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh
I didn't quite get it. The bad guy does something to the machine, melts, the alien inside dissipates, and then Martin puts a ball that came from the machine on his uncle's grave. What was that all about? Were there explanations earlier that I might have overlooked? If there aren't any, then I think the ending is very disappointing. I don't see the point of it all.
Lol, I didn't get it either.

Nibiru and Black Mirror = great games
Nibiru and Black Mirror = crappy endings.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:28 PM   #3

It was really a very bad ending.I think they made it that way in order to make NiBiRu 2 in the future because Martin says that he doesn't have all the answers he wanted yet.In general I think the game was very small.I finished this week in 2 days Still Life and 1 day and a half for nibiru.I think that it should have been a little bigger and to emphasize on the aliens and to have more puzzles.I understand that Still Life was not a big game because the graphics are high level and its difficult to make a bigger game that good,but nibiru was not something so special and the plot was very good to make it a little bigger,to see more aliens,many more places and a bunch of puzzles.maybe they are keeping it for NiBiRu 2 and they have future plans to make a sequel.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:41 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Legolas813

Yeah I was kind of confused on the ending, too. But I think it does leave things open for a sequel.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:27 AM   #5

I hoped that there will be a "bonus scene" after the ending credits, like many games have today, but there weren't even ending credits!! After the ending the game returned straight to the main menu! I clicked on the credits button in the menu, but they just scrolled away and nothing else happened.
Was it also like this in The Black Mirror? I can't remember.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:30 AM   #6
Bearly Here

I didn't get into the ending - or lack thereof. But yea it whimped out and just sort of "ended" nothing much accomplished.

Certainly not what it could have been.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #7

The ending of NI.BI.RU. was great, really unbeliev... oups, sorry, wrong game... it was the WORST ENDING EVER. The next time I see a thread on that topic, you know for what game I'll vote! I don't even think the developers know what the glowing ball was ! Still, a nice game to play between AAA adventure games.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:32 AM   #8

I enjoyed NiBiRu ...... OK, nobody died, so you didn't need to save every five minutes. So? I don't see why everyone had to ask for saves for the ball puzzle either. Sure, it took a while to figure out but the rest of the game was rather straight forward. I rather liked it.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyTrail
I enjoyed NiBiRu ...... OK, nobody died, so you didn't need to save every five minutes. So? I don't see why everyone had to ask for saves for the ball puzzle either. Sure, it took a while to figure out but the rest of the game was rather straight forward. I rather liked it.
I didn't have any major problems with the puzzles either. Not anything near the lock picking puzzle in Still Life. The story was a little cliché though. I liked Black Mirror better.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to fishcube

Just finished Nibiru. I thought this game was supposed to be at least 12 hours. This was so much shorter. Didn't understand the ending either...they should have gone into it further. Wow a couple hours time for $20...??

I liked Black Mirror alot better and it was alot longer.
Starting soon: Barrow Hill, Scratches
Future or restarts: TMOS, Echo, The Last Express, Broken Sword-Dragon, RTMI, Myst/Riven/Exile, Nancy Drew Crystal Skull
Finished: StillLife, Nibiru, Syberia I&II, TLJ, Black Mirror, Sanitarium, Runaway.
For trade: Schizm
---
Looking at getting a Raon Everun Note or Wibrain i1
--
HP dv9500t