You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure How's Still Life selling?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 02:20 AM   #1
adventurefan99

Default How's Still Life selling?

I was just browsing over the Australian site Games Warehouse (where I get most of my games from) and discovered to my pleasant surprise that Still Life was ranked as one of the site's top sellers and pre-orders. Now considering that this is one of Australia's largest online video game retailers, lead me to the conclusion that Still Life must be selling quite a few copies (quite unheard of for an adventure game)... So I was wonder if anyone knew how well Still Life was actually selling throughout the rest of the world.

Of course this is just one site and not much to go on, but if Still Life is actually selling reasonably well, maybe our hopes of there one day being a sequal will come true. Well at least we can dream
Old 09-12-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42yoMan
I was just browsing over the Australian site Games Warehouse (where I get most of my games from) and discovered to my pleasant surprise that Still Life was ranked as one of the site's top sellers and pre-orders. Now considering that this is one of Australia's largest online video game retailers, lead me to the conclusion that Still Life must be selling quite a few copies (quite unheard of for an adventure game)... So I was wonder if anyone knew how well Still Life was actually selling throughout the rest of the world.

Of course this is just one site and not much to go on, but if Still Life is actually selling reasonably well, maybe our hopes of there one day being a sequal will come true. Well at least we can dream
Actualy i was quite supprised when i walked in the "GAME" and seen Still Life as #6 in the top 10, guess its selling pretty well here in the uk
Old 09-12-2005, 04:31 AM   #3

Default O my goooooood

You mean you buy software for real, you don`t buy pirated software what are you crazy or smt let me ask you smt WHERE ARE YOU FROM
Old 09-12-2005, 04:37 AM   #4
Psychonaut

Who let the troll in
Old 09-12-2005, 04:38 AM   #5
Epinionated.

Careless talk costs bans.

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/se...earchid=273996

Looks like a lot of careless talking.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:33 AM   #6
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhal4o
You mean you buy software for real, you don`t buy pirated software what are you crazy or smt let me ask you smt WHERE ARE YOU FROM
Welcome to the forum, Muhal4o. I see you're new here so you might not have had a chance to read our forum rules. If not, please do so. (Or if you have, please do so again. ) We don't support piracy here, and I've noticed you advocating it in a few of your posts, which concerns me.

Let me know if you have any questions about our posting guidelines. There aren't many, but a basic respect for other forum members and not posting in support of warez and piracy are two of the biggies.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:28 AM   #7
Banned User

Yes, you can only advocate it in occasional winks and nods...not that I would do something like that...

Anyway, to get this train back on the tracks before it derails, I think those stats you see on how well something is being sold is highly flawed. It brings many questions to what they're based on. If I had to guess though, it's not selling very well here in the U.S. in retail stores, but I bet they're selling like mad on ebay.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:35 AM   #8

Default Still Life is an indicator of taste

42yoMan, I used to live in Melbourne and is currently working in Asia Pacific. There are many game retailers downtown. Quite often, I go visiting these small retail outlets prior to checking the reviews and websites of games which I set my eyes on. Therefore, I gather much information before I get a box.

I have been away from Melbourne for some 13 years now and am not quite sure if there are any game outlets downtown. If HMV is still in Burke Street, I am sure they will have a small area selling video games.

I don't know if you have played "Post-Mortem" before. It was released by Microids, almost the same time Syberia I was released back in 2003 if I remember correctly. Post-Mortem and Syberia I are 2 totally different games in contents but equally elegant and fabulous in artwork. I enjoy both of them enormously.

Anyone who plays Post-Mortem or Syberia I & II is a man of good taste. Post-Mortem story is truly amazing. I haven't played it to its finals lest I have nothing eqaully good to play with. I just learn that Still Life is out and now I can proceed with the remaining parts of the game of Post-Mortem.

Once you have played Post-Mortem, you will never forget the story even after you have finish the game I imagine. I recall a year ago, some one on this forum suggested to have Post-Mortem casted as a motion picture, Syberia as well! I replay the game many times, and every time I played, it made me feel like I am in a movie.

Gus Macpherson is now the Grand Father of Victoria Macpherson. Though Victoria is now the main actress, but if I read it right from the review, Gus Macpherson still plays a part which is good. His voice acting in Post-Mortem is the ost impressive. Calm, yet a very reticent kind of personality which reflects his investigation character very well.

I hope you will enjoy it. If it is not selling good, most liekly is the marketing effort not being done sufficiently enough. Anyway...