You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Myst III Exile-First Impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2003, 04:57 PM   #1

Default Myst III Exile-First Impressions.

It was around 10p.m., and I wanted to take a break from playing No One Lives Forever. So, I looked at my shelf of games, and it took me a while to look through every one of them. Finally, I found a game that caught my eye. It was Myst III Exile. It had been at least a few years since I last played the game, and so I decided to play it. I first downloaded the newest patch on Ubi Soft's Web Site, and then I started installing the game. It took a while to do the full install, about 2.1 gb to be exact. Then, after it was done installing, I installed the patch. Finally, I restarted the computer, and after my Cate Archer background picture came on the start-up screen, I then started playing the game.

First Impressions: This game is gorgeous! The graphics are so realistic, and so beautiful. The 360-degree view works very well, even though it's kinda disappointing to see it's still using the movement system from the first two Myst Games. It was especially fun to see Atrus, and his wife Catherine again, even though she's played by a different actress this game.

I have made it to the first out of three Ages, Amateria, and I hope to start playing the game soon. That is, when i can find time to do it, because I work from Tuesday to Saturday at the movie theater I work at this week. I'll let you know when I've finished the game. I have to say this, I'm very intrigued about this game!
Old 11-24-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

I beat Myst III : Exile. It was the only Myst game I actually completed. I thought it was great! I especially liked the age called "Edana"?? I think it was called Edana... it's been a while. Anyway, It's a lush tropical forest/tree age. It's really really magical and theirs lots of little things to push and play with.

The periscope puzzle was pretty neat too.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:02 AM   #3
comfortably numb

I'm still playing Exile for the first time, got it cheap (10 €) from a game sale a couple of months ago. So far I've liked if a lot: the puzzles are easier than in Riven (in which they were nearly impossible at some points) yet difficult to enough to keep you occupied. It's probably my favorite in the series as far as the gameplay experience goes, although Riven's world was more interesting. A pleasant surprise, anyhow!

eriq, the organic jungle world was Edanna, with two n's.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:45 PM   #4
The Robot Head of Love

Send a message via ICQ to zarathustrian Send a message via AIM to zarathustrian Send a message via MSN to zarathustrian Send a message via Yahoo to zarathustrian

I enjoyed the game too, honestly. I thought Brad Dourif did a great job in the role of the antagonist, and it was undeniably beautiful.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:52 PM   #5

Myst III: Exile is such a good game. The tree age (Edanna) is my favorite too. You explore a giant inverted tree! So cool! It's too bad that Presto Studios is no longer making games, they were obviously very good.