You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Police Adventure games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2003, 09:03 AM   #1

Default Police Adventure games?

Hi there,

Since i've enjoyed playing police adventure games like Police Quest 1,2,3,4 and Blue Force, I was wondering.. Are there more good police adventures out there? If you know some could u tell which ones?
Old 11-23-2003, 09:54 AM   #2
guybrush_guy

there's a game called jack orlando..i've only played the demo but i'm pritty sure you are a ploiece man, or maybe a P.I then there was an other game i dont rember the name of it..it's fairly new game...and very bloody. i've played the demo for that one as well it takes place in a bank...

Old 11-23-2003, 10:02 AM   #3
Novice Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
then there was an other game i dont rember the name of it..it's fairly new game...and very bloody. i've played the demo for that one as well it takes place in a bank...
Hopkins FBI
Old 11-23-2003, 10:02 AM   #4
LA-S-LE

Jack Orlando - P.I. Not a very good adventure, in my taste, but it makes a good feeling of an old 30th noir movie.
I would suggest Blade Runner, Codename: Iceman (in both games the man behind Police Quest 1-3 and Blue Force took part in), also KGB, Countdown, Tex Murphey series (well, more detective-like games), Rise of the Dragon (remecent of Blade Runner), Spycraft, Sherlock Holmes 1-2 (detective, again). Manhunter1-2 is a nice, bloody game. That's all I can remember.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
there's a game called jack orlando..i've only played the demo but i'm pritty sure you are a ploiece man, or maybe a P.I then there was an other game i dont rember the name of it..it's fairly new game...and very bloody. i've played the demo for that one as well it takes place in a bank...
Ah yes, I know Jack Orlando well, It looks very good. As for the new game, is it called Good cop Bad cop? Also very old police games are welcome too.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Type
Jack Orlando - P.I. Not a very good adventure, in my taste, but it makes a good feeling of an old 30th noir movie.
I would suggest Blade Runner, Codename: Iceman (in both games the man behind Police Quest 1-3 and Blue Force took part in), also KGB, Countdown, Tex Murphey series (well, more detective-like games), Rise of the Dragon (remecent of Blade Runner), Spycraft, Sherlock Holmes 1-2 (detective, again). Manhunter1-2 is a nice, bloody game. That's all I can remember.
Hmm didnt hear about Countdown, gonna have a search for that one, Hopkins FBI is kinda like Jack Orlando qua graphics.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:38 AM   #7
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Erm, Countdown was not a cop / PI story.
Good Cop Bad Cop is an abandoned project by Revolution, though you never know if they bring it back to life.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:47 AM   #8
LA-S-LE

Marek
Then what it was? I think it was a police-thriller game. A man found himself in a hospital for mad people (don't remember how it's called in english) without remembering anything, but when he got out of there, he found out that he was a FBI agent (or some other organisation, don't remember) and was on a mission. So he continues his mission all the second half of the game. And the hole game process is like a police/detective game - questioning people in a specific manner, founding out personnals and hidden texts and so on. I think it is one of the better detectives, like all Access games.
Oh, and now I've just remembered two of the most "detective" games - Mortville Mannor and Maupity Island from Lankhor - very hard, but presented as a real investigation.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #9

Default Old Police Computer Game

Years ago there was a cop game for the PC. you were the cop and you had to check your car, and radio and check the arrest sheets then drive around the town and arrest people. you had to type in the commands etc...if anyone knows the name of the game please let me know, i have been looking for it for the past 15 years. thank you.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlove0
Years ago there was a cop game for the PC. you were the cop and you had to check your car, and radio and check the arrest sheets then drive around the town and arrest people.
That'll be Police Quest.

And Hopkins FBI is utter, utter dreck. Avoid like a solidified lump of the plague.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:57 PM   #11
capsized.

Amazing what adventure games could do back then, wasn't it? Some stuff was still silly, though. Needs some work.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by samIamsad
Amazing what adventure games could do back then, wasn't it? Some stuff was still silly, though. Needs some work.
Hopkins FBArgh's story made Fahrenheit seem sane.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:59 PM   #13
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zahut
Ah yes, I know Jack Orlando well, It looks very good.
Don't be fooled by the pretty graphics, the game is a shambles, it's the worst designed, worst executed adventure game I ever played. It really is a miracle it was ever allowed to be released at all. My advice is stay well away, even if you see it really cheap.

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!
Old 09-17-2005, 05:05 PM   #14
Elegantly copy+pasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zahut
Hi there,

Since i've enjoyed playing police adventure games like Police Quest 1,2,3,4 and Blue Force, I was wondering.. Are there more good police adventures out there? If you know some could u tell which ones?
There's this game, maybe you've heard of it, with a dog and a rabbit who are freelance police men...
Old 09-17-2005, 11:30 PM   #15
The Solomon of Sarcasm

In Still Life you play as an FBI agent for half the game, tracking a murderer, filing clues, putting them together, and baking cookies.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson
Old 09-18-2005, 02:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemelChelovek
In Still Life you play as an FBI agent for half the game, tracking a murderer, filing clues, putting them together, and baking cookies.
Exactly.
And then you play a detective 50 years before.

And it's a neat game.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:33 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
Exactly.
And then you play a detective 50 years before.

And it's a neat game.
With a terrible ending. :-P