You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Adventure Shop Disappointed in service/technical backup

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 PM   #1

Thumbs down Disappointed in service/technical backup

I paid for and downloaded Dreamfall, only to find, when I tried to install it that certain files were corrupt and I could not install the game.

I then sent an e-mail to the suggested address only to get a generically forwarded letter of advice. The advice did not solve my problem but the letter said that for a personal response I should hit my reply button on my e-mail and let the shop know what my problem was.

That was a week ago and I still have no reply and no game and seem to have wasted my money down a black hole because I can't seem to contact a real person. (That could be the theme for a new adventure game....lost in a world with no people, only electronic call centres and generic, standard responses...we could call the game INSANITY!)

I am particularly disappointed because I have had such good service from the Kheops Studio online shop. The reply from them, when I had a small problem with another game, was within 24 hours.

HELP!!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

Sorry to hear you're having problems, Lalauzeta. I've pointed out your thread to the Shop guys, so hopefully you'll get a response soon.

Out of curiosity, however, did you try downloading the game again? If the original files got corrupted, there may not be much anyone can do about getting those to work.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:23 AM   #3
Adventure Shop

Dear Lalauzeta,

I apologize for this lack of response from our support service.
Could you please send me (private message) your email address to track your order and address you with the appropriate response.

When you ordered the game, you should have received an email with several links to download the game. Have you tried to download the game once again. It sometimes happens that the downloaded file is corrupted when the download process is interupted.

I will ask our technical support to take care about your specific case.

Many thanks,
Old 08-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #4

Thanks. Yes I did download again!
No better result.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #5
Adventure Shop

I sent you a private message.
We'll get a solution for you, and in any case we'll do our best to make you happy.

Thanks,