You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Reader Reviews Martin Mystére - Operation Dorian Gray

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2005, 02:16 PM   #21
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffYoda
I ordered the English version from GMX and am playing it now.
Let us know what you think of it.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #22
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh
Well, I did encounter something weird in my Tri-Synergy copy that probably wasn't there in the Italian release
Do you mean the GMX release? I thought that was the only English version that had come out, nothing from Tri-Synergy.

I am trading someone in the UK for this game. Excited to play it, in spite of the technical problems.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #23
Evil Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Do you mean the GMX release? I thought that was the only English version that had come out, nothing from Tri-Synergy.
Same here, I was wondering that too, did you mean Artematica by any chance?
So there you go
Old 09-11-2005, 06:39 AM   #24
Kate's lover

Send a message via ICQ to hj2004

I enjoyed playing Martin mystere and completed this game without any hints other than code on box issue which was a cool idea. Few spellings mistakes don't make me go all negative about this great game. I enjoyed it and find the graphics and puzzles very well done. Even in still life (Top game of the year till now) few puzzles were very hard and one needed hints to complete those. Therefore i highly recommend Martin mystere to all adventure game fans who are looking for a fun game.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:45 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

I am trading someone in the UK for this game. Excited to play it, in spite of the technical problems.
Oops, I meant GMX

Now that that's settled, here's my original post with a small correction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurebesh
Well, I did encounter something weird in my GMX copy that probably wasn't there in the Italian release - in act 6, when you play as Diana, you have a notebook in your inventory that tells you what needs to be done, just like Martin has in other acts. Martin's notebook is named "Block notes", while Diana's notebook is named... "???".
Yup, "???". that's what it says. Was that in the Italian version? How about other people with the GMX release, did you notice that too?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:22 PM   #26
fov
Rattenmonster

I haven't reached that part of the game yet, but I based on the other comments it doesn't really surprise me.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #27

I thought that this game was going to be as good as Still life and as adult looking, but man, it looks like it's for kids and the interface isn't nearly as good as still-life's. I don't like not knowing what to do as soon as the game opens up.

If it only looked more 3D like still-life I'd probably WANT to give it more of a shot.